What's it worth? Dad's old equipment

SonofOrange

Equipment
L245F with 1200 loader, T1870, AT70, GL-5500(S)
Sep 1, 2021
Monroe, GA
I'm helping my Mom clear out my Dad's collection after he passed. I grew up on orange tractors and know my way around them. But, I'm struggling to price things.
What is a B2400 worth? 1047 hours, it's not run in 15 years and is partially torn down to be split.
Another one, how about a Kubota F-330 welder? It's a Kubota branded, 300 amp stick welder with a 4 cylinder diesel engine. It runs and works. I can't even find one online. I think it came from the engines division.
We've got tons of other stuff. So I'll have more questions.

Thanks for your help, Jason

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
TractorHouse says a B2400 would list under $10K, not clear what they might sell for. Depends heavily on whether you have loader, mower etc. But one in pieces and not running, quite a bit less. For anyone buying a dismantled tractor they have to worry that they don't have all the parts, and will end up having to buy new parts to replace, which is expensive. And of course they don't really know what's broken about it, and can't run it to work out. $2-4K I'd guess, but I'm not in the USA.

Is the welder a Lincoln Electric? https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en/products/k4264-1. Or a Miller https://www.millerwelds.com/equipme.../big-blue-400-pro-engine-driven-welder-m00491. Sounds like there are a lot of welders with Kubota engines on them, but doesn't make them a Kubota welder, makes them a welder with a Kubota engine.

SonofOrange

Equipment
Sep 1, 2021
Monroe, GA
TractorHouse says a B2400 would list under $10K, not clear what they might sell for. Depends heavily on whether you have loader, mower etc. But one in pieces and not running, quite a bit less. For anyone buying a dismantled tractor they have to worry that they don't have all the parts, and will end up having to buy new parts to replace, which is expensive. And of course they don't really know what's broken about it, and can't run it to work out. $2-4K I'd guess, but I'm not in the USA.

Is the welder a Lincoln Electric? https://www.lincolnelectric.com/en/products/k4264-1. Or a Miller https://www.millerwelds.com/equipme.../big-blue-400-pro-engine-driven-welder-m00491. Sounds like there are a lot of welders with Kubota engines on them, but doesn't make them a Kubota welder, makes them a welder with a Kubota engine.
The B2400 does have a belly mower, not mounted to it.....Dad always said all the parts are there. But there is a big pile. I know things will be missing.
As for the welder, it's big and orange with a Kubota name plate. I post some photos tomorrow. It'd be great if I needed one. I do all of my welding in my shop, and stick welding not often enough.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I could have bought a running B2400 for $2400, no mower,had rear blade, loader.. The problem with pricing a 'nonrunner' is, well, it doesn't run. As a buyer I can't tell if the engine's good, tranny, hyrdaulics, etc. While it's a family tractor, it's been 'abandoned' for 15 years, as an outsider, it appears to have little 'value' to the owner. If it'd been a simple repair, I think it would have been done,a long,long time ago. hmm, 'missing' parts...my luck, those would cost a LOT to buy.....Not trying to be harsh or cruel, just looking at it as I see it. As a comparison, was helping clear out a neighbours place. 4 ,40 yd dumpsters of car parts(complete engines, trannies,tools,whole cars) ,think 50 years of collecting 'muscle cars', all got tossed.yeah a shame but it had to go. If the tractor has sentimental value, fix it, keep it(it ain't that big...) otherwise bin it and move on..

SonofOrange

Equipment
Sep 1, 2021
Monroe, GA

Something you don't see everyday. This welder was made by Kubota Ltd.

Attachments

SonofOrange

Equipment
Sep 1, 2021
Monroe, GA
I could have bought a running B2400 for $2400, no mower,had rear blade, loader.. The problem with pricing a 'nonrunner' is, well, it doesn't run. As a buyer I can't tell if the engine's good, tranny, hyrdaulics, etc. While it's a family tractor, it's been 'abandoned' for 15 years, as an outsider, it appears to have little 'value' to the owner. If it'd been a simple repair, I think it would have been done,a long,long time ago. hmm, 'missing' parts...my luck, those would cost a LOT to buy.....Not trying to be harsh or cruel, just looking at it as I see it. As a comparison, was helping clear out a neighbours place. 4 ,40 yd dumpsters of car parts(complete engines, trannies,tools,whole cars) ,think 50 years of collecting 'muscle cars', all got tossed.yeah a shame but it had to go. If the tractor has sentimental value, fix it, keep it(it ain't that big...) otherwise bin it and move on..
Sentiment is not an issue on this one. On the L245DT or the I-40, yes. We have a couple neighbors that want a project, I don't want to take advantage of them.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That welder also has a nice 4 cylinder Kubota diesel, and is a 3.5KW 240V generator by the looks. I'm sure it's useful for more things than just a welder.