What uses do you have for old rubber tracks?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
kvc- The only use I have seen for used tracks is by offroad rescue wreckers, as traction mats.

Can I ask what kind of Mini Ex you have, and where you bought new tracks for it?
The vendor I was going to use has two different styles that supposedly fit mine, but can't tell me which one I should order, and says I have to have it for lunch if I order the wrong one or they send me the wrong one.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
kvc- The only use I have seen for used tracks is by offroad rescue wreckers, as traction mats.

Can I ask what kind of Mini Ex you have, and where you bought new tracks for it?
The vendor I was going to use has two different styles that supposedly fit mine, but can't tell me which one I should order, and says I have to have it for lunch if I order the wrong one or they send me the wrong one.
I think you should just sell me that sweet li'l Hanix (cheap), and I'll deal with the track problem.;)

Reactions: 1 user

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Use them to protect the posts for the target holders at a shooting range.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

[/QUOTE}

Is it possible that you could find a somewhat local mini-ex dealer (any brand) who would be willing to special order the tracks and mount them for you......without charging an arm and a leg?
That would put the onus on a mini-ex dealer to locate, order, and mount, the appropriate tracks.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I haven't been able to find anyone local who has tracks or is willing to take on the search.
I think I have located 6 vendors in the US and two overseas that claim to have one or the other (or both) style tracks, but none will commit. All of them want me to "Just measure your old rubber tracks, and we will know which ones to send you."
Trouble is, the PO put these incorrect steel tracks on that worked, but are not the correct pitch, or are so worn out they are no longer the correct pitch. He never documented what tracks were on it originally.
The individual steel track pads are a JD part number, but JD was no help whatsoever.

If I can't make any headway soon, I am considering removing a track, pulling the front sprocket and rear drive sprocket, take any pertinent dimensions, and driving to one or more of the vendors to see if I can match something. Hate to go through all that work, time, and the expense of driving across the country. (maybe multiple times)
It wasn't supposed to be this hard. :(