What tractor do I have?

RockOnSRV

Equipment
B7001
Jan 19, 2021
Southeast U.S.
Hello! I'm a new member trying to get some information about a tractor that I've owned for a number of years. I'm about to sell it so I'm trying to determine its age and fair market value. I would appreciate any information you could provide!

The hood labels say B7100 but years ago while having it serviced, I was told it was an "outlaw" and not meant for the U.S. market. (I'm going to assume that outlaw & grey market are the same thing?) After doing some research today, I checked the number stamped on the transmission housing. (The riveted metal label is unreadable) It says B7001-63398

I've owned this great little tractor for 25 years after buying it from a landscape company that I had worked for. When I started there in 1984, they already had it and it looked to be in fairly new condition.

My questions are these:

1) Is this a grey market unit?
2) Are parts available? (I checked other threads and it appears there's little difference in the 7100/7001)
3) Can I determine the model year?
4) Approximate value? (She's not the prettiest girl at the dance but she runs strong!)

Thanks so much in advance!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
NO it's not a grey, and it's not a B7001, it's a B7100.
Is it an HST or DT?
I ran the serial number to confirm.
ALL B7100's had B7001 in front of the serial number.
Model year is somewhat of a crap shoot, there is some documentation but it really doesn't matter.
How many lugs do the front wheels have?

Does it have a FEL?

Every year less and less parts are available for B7100's, but there is still quite a few parts available.

Valve is subjective, but pictures would help.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Your tractor is probably NOT gray market. There is some confusion about that and the serial number should resolve it.

Send North Idaho Wolfman a personal message and he may be able to figure it out.

I will try to link to other threads that discussed the confusion.

Oh we were all typing at the same time so never mind my post,

Reactions: 1 user

RockOnSRV

Equipment
B7001
Jan 19, 2021
Southeast U.S.
NO it's not a grey, and it's not a B7001, it's a B7100.
Is it an HST or DT?
I ran the serial number to confirm.
ALL B7100's had B7001 in front of the serial number.
Model year is somewhat of a crap shoot, there is some documentation but it really doesn't matter.
How many lugs do the front wheels have?

Does it have a FEL?

Every year less and less parts are available for B7100's, but there is still quite a few parts available.

Valve is subjective, but pictures would help.
Thanks so much for the reply!
It is not an HST but regular clutch/transmission (DT?)
Does not have a loader
The front wheels have 4 lugs
I'll get some pics soon. Cosmetically it's kind of rough as it was rolled a couple times before I got it and someone repainted all the orange parts and didn't a great job. So I know fair market value won't be nearly as good if it was in prime condition. I do however have several implements to go with it including a bushhog, tiller & 3/way scraper. Also has 3 weights on the front.