What to look for with a used L4310HST

Jonny4523

Equipment
L4310 HST
Nov 10, 2022
Lafayette, IN
I'm new to the tractor world, but not new to diesels. I'm about to go look at a used L4310HST. I've been trying to search around and it doesn't appear that these tractors have any big known design issues. Is there anything specific I should be looking at when I go look at this tractor? Or just simply drive it around, operate the loader, and feel out the overall condition?

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
I am not familiar with that tractor, but I am very experienced buying used vehicles including my tractor,
do your homework, take your time, talk to the seller and be comfortable when buying, I walk from flippers. These tractors are very expensive to fix, just for parts, any extras are a big plus. With this economy going south have cash and wait for the deals.

Jonny4523

Equipment
L4310 HST
Nov 10, 2022
Lafayette, IN
How many hrs, have they documented the maintenance, look close at the fluids, look for abuse.
1800 hours and they did not have documented maintenance records. I assume checking for cylinder blow-by is common on tractors just like on diesel trucks?

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
It would be best to have someone with you that has run a Kubota. HST is different but better then manual, if it appears ridden hard, make sure the price reflects that, I shopped for over a year before finding mine, and saw some ridden hard asking top dollar. You have to have experience with cash in hand because the good ones go fast.

Reactions: 1 user