What size rotary 3-point tiller can i run on my kubota b2100, hydro, 4wd

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
When I first got my tiller I didn't have a quick hitch and cut the PTO to size. Later I got a QH and foudn teh shaft was too short. I found an extension for the PTO that goes on the tractor side, that made up the 4" difference. Works perfectly.

What fails on the PTO constantly are the guards. The little plastic hoops the chain connects to to keep it from spinning break off and the guards spin regardless. The PTO's that KK supplies I found are difficult to take apart to repair and grease. The plastic part that rides on the shaft needs to be greased regularly and that grease nipple on them is good for schiznit.

Looking at replacement shafts at Farm & Fleet, they are no better. I did find Weasler guards are easy to assemble and disassemble, so if replacing a guard, use one of those. I just finished up making a new PTO for my JD 1209 mower.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
An old rule of thumb was as far as I can remember, was 1 foot of PTO implement per 5hp of PTO hp,, more or less . Now with this cavoite, just because you can run bigger does not mean you should,,, just MHO

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
An old rule of thumb was as far as I can remember, was 1 foot of PTO implement per 5hp of PTO hp,, more or less . Now with this cavoite, just because you can run bigger does not mean you should,,, just MHO
i spoke to half a dozen dealers..including a kubota dealer near me ( where i purchased my repair parts ), and they all agreed i would be fine with nothing bigger than a 4ft tiller. service specs calls for a 42inch rotary tiller ?, but finding a good name brand tiller in this width is slim to none !. went with the titan 4ft, very happy with it so far.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
My pop always said 4pto hp per foot, but yeah I can get behind the 5 hp per foot as well. Always been a good rule of thumb. If he would be alive today and see these conversations he would be amazed at what we can do with our small high hp tractors. Think his biggest on the farm was around 55-60 hp.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Gas or diesel? Some of those rules of thumb date from the days of old gas tractors. I think a flat torque curve is more important than HP.

HP = torque x rpm. Since they are all spinning at 540 rpm, the difference becomes what happens when they start loading down. Does a particular machine have enough torque to hunker down and get the job done when rpm starts to drop? A flatter torque curve will maintain HP better than a peaking torque curve, which will fall off quickly when rpm drops.

Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Gas or diesel? Some of those rules of thumb date from the days of old gas tractors. I think a flat torque curve is more important than HP.

HP = torque x rpm. Since they are all spinning at 540 rpm, the difference becomes what happens when they start loading down. Does a particular machine have enough torque to hunker down and get the job done when rpm starts to drop? A flatter torque curve will maintain HP better than a peaking torque curve, which will fall off quickly when rpm drops.
My pop hated diesels with a passion. Don't know why, I love them. Everything was gas till we got the gehl skid steer in the late 90s. One and only diesel and he complained about it all the time. Loud, smelled bad lol.