What should price of manual 2004 Kubota L2800, 100hrs, 4WD, w/ LA463 loader

tractorjeff

Equipment
2007 L2800DT
Apr 8, 2021
Michigan
Hello, I’m new to the country and to tractors. Looking for something to help with projects on my four acres. Will use for grading a lawn, moving trees, building a pole barn and many other projects around our new build. While expensive, I feel like tractors hold their value pretty well and could quickly pay for itself in a few years’ time just by speeding up any work I’m doing.

Everything decent I find flies off the market. A friend of a friend owns the tractor in subject line which from what I can tell is very good condition for its age and most of the 100hrs on it were from moving snow. Tractor always stored inside very little rust, fluids all look good, no leaks and all connections look good. Asking price is $14K which I feel might be a little high for a 17yo gear tractor with shuttle even considering the very low hours and great condition of the machine?

I’m very interested and want to make a fair offer but also don’t want to get ripped off. What is the value of this tractor and is there anything that I should be concerned about like the age?

Any help greatly appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It actually way under priced, that model with those hours should go for a premium of $20k+.

While there are some limitations to a manual shift model, the shuttle lowers those limitations.

Given the state of getting a new tractor, if you want it jump on it.

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I replied to a question like this over on TBN... instead of regurgitating the information, the link is below. I'll add a few more things here: With so few hours, I'm guessing the PTO lever might not have been replaced (longer lever arm so the cable is less likely to kink and break). About $50? to replace. If the lower 2" hose has not been replaced, those crack and allow air into the hydraulic system and the FEL will act weird at times. The seat should be suspension (bouncy) but the early one locked up a bunch.

You'll see below about the CAMS... I would not recommend running a tiller with this machine. The jerky hitch is not a deal breaker but it is an annoyance. If you have more questions, let me know. $12 to $14k isn't bad and they paid $15k brand new if it has a loader... I would changed everything, Oil-Wise. That's going to be $300 give or take if you do the work.

If the CAMS go bad; it's been quoted to split the tractor it's $3k at a dealer (if or when that happens, I'll try and do it myself).

tractorjeff

Equipment
2007 L2800DT
Apr 8, 2021
Michigan
Thank you both for the help. I went and purchased this tractor for $13K and cannot wait to start using it.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Tractorjeff, I see you listed the L2800DT as a 2007 under your profile.... So is it not as the title lists, 2004? If that is the case, disregard my comments about the CAMS, the PTO lever, the 2" return hose & the jerky hitch... all those would have been corrected on the 2007 model.

Congrats on the tractor!!!!

tractorjeff

Equipment
2007 L2800DT
Apr 8, 2021
Michigan
Tractorjeff, I see you listed the L2800DT as a 2007 under your profile.... So is it not as the title lists, 2004? If that is the case, disregard my comments about the CAMS, the PTO lever, the 2" return hose & the jerky hitch... all those would have been corrected on the 2007 model.

Congrats on the tractor!!!!
Thank you and yes much and yes much to my surprise when I showed up the owner, an older gentleman, realized he actually he owed a 07 not an 04 like I was originally told. I appreciate you noticing these details and following up. So glad to hear these problems were likely corrected in my 07 model year.