What shoul my next attachments be?

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
I live in TX. Flat as a monopoly board. Generally use a box blade to move dirt/gravel from point A to point B and then usually back to point A again. I agree the Bx is probably a little light for manicuring driveways as a money making thing. I know I struggled with my previous blue tractor that was more comparable to a B. One of the reasons I upgraded. I also agree with some of the other posts that mentioned brush hog. Lots of people around here advertise have brush hog will travel.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I live in TX. Flat as a monopoly board. Generally use a box blade to move dirt/gravel from point A to point B and then usually back to point A again. I agree the Bx is probably a little light for manicuring driveways as a money making thing. I know I struggled with my previous blue tractor that was more comparable to a B. One of the reasons I upgraded. I also agree with some of the other posts that mentioned brush hog. Lots of people around here advertise have brush hog will travel.
Huge difference in regions right. Up here nothing is straight or flat for any distance. You need to set a crown or a slope pretty much everywhere. The box blade with a top and tilt is like magic. The rake is used a lot as well to move material back to the center or edge etc. I also use the box a lot to pull material back up onto the road from the sides.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I’m looking to put my tractor to work for some extra cash.
I would ask if you have a way to haul the tractor. If not, you are limited in audience. Once you have a 1. trailer and truck...
2. pallet forks.
3. ssqa
4. quick hitch
5. Receivers
Possibly more important than any attachments:
6. Form a proper LLC, and state registrations (~$5-$800)
7. Business Insurance and additional umbrella policy (~$600-$2000)
8. business cards, website, dedicated phone number for your sanity (optional)

and i agree with NHS, the Box blade and rake can take a lot of fine adjustments to dial in, this is time wasted on the job, the top and tilt is the only way to go. The rear valve set for the BX is only $350, its a steal.