What radio did you put in YOUR Cab?

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Those radios the dealer offers are a LOT of money, and seriously, does anyone run Sirius in their tractor? I have one subscription, for my F150, the rest of the time i use the App, so i can have Sirius anywhere.

So lets see what you installed. I have an L4060 on order and looking around at single DIN radios. Whats funny is I found a thread from last year and there was a link to Amazon for a Kubota radio. I found the exact same radio at Walmart. Difference is $71.76. Only thing it doesn't have is the harness and filter.

Is the antenna included with the cab, or a separate item to be installed?

I have an iphone that I stream with via USB, so the radio I would put in would need to be able to do that. While BT works, I have had issues in the past with BT cutting out, or poor quality audio and want to be able to control it from the radio instead of fumbling with the phone. Maybe the BT has inproved over the years, but even with the new radio in my 2021 5th wheel RV, the BT sucks.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
My cab came with the radio & antenna installed. The radio Kubota put in it was a Jensen with bluetooth so I can send what ever I want to it from my phone. The speakers are not the best but for a factory installed stereo it's pretty nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
I put in a a radio from Walmart that was the right price (~$25) that had a USB port. I've got a lot of music loaded onto a USB stick that stays plugged in the radio. Anything from Willie Nelson to Dick Dale to Dire Straits to Jimmy Buffett. Hey, what can I say......I'm complicated! Oh, antenna came with the cab.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
None. My cab is too noisy without the radio and I hate blasting music over the tractor noise.

I bought a pair of BOSE QC-35 active noise canceling over ear headphones because it reduces the background noise and I can listen at low sound levels.

I bought one of these for my RTV

Not really useful when driving but great when parked.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
My cab is too noisy without the radio and I hate blasting music over the tractor noise.

I bought a pair of BOSE QC-35 active noise canceling over ear headphones because it reduces the background noise and I can listen at low sound levels.
Mine came with the radio installed, IIRC.

I, too, find the cab noise too loud to make the radio that useful to use. By the time the radio overcomes the cab noise that volume is up there and those factory speakers are crap at that level.

The headphones provide noise cancelling and bluetooth/radio.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I put in a a radio from Walmart that was the right price (~$25) that had a USB port. I've got a lot of music loaded onto a USB stick that stays plugged in the radio. Anything from Willie Nelson to Dick Dale to Dire Straits to Jimmy Buffett. Hey, what can I say......I'm complicated! Oh, antenna came with the cab.
I saw that radio, Amazon has a Kubota radio with harness, $95. I looked close at the radio and thought, gee, that looks familiar, pulled the part number, Sure enough, Walmart standard stock item, $24.95. Good enough for me, whenever the tractor arrives. The harness is something like $12 on Ebay too.

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Now THAT'S a tricked out tractor! That Dynamat should really cut down on vibrations. Did the plastic come in black or did you paint it?

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I have REIs in both my Kubota cabbed tractors and they are JUNK. Well, they are junk if you expect good radio reception. Also, they barely have enough watts to power a set of speakers loud enough to hear much (which might be a good thing)
That doesn't bode well for the only option I've found. Though my hope of using recorded music and noise cancelling headphones could help me.