What mower deck for BX2370

u2builder

Equipment
BX2370 with loader and snowblower
Apr 7, 2016
Alstead, NH
I recently purchased a new BX2370 with loader and front mounted 5450 snowblower with BX2751 quick hitch and subframe. I couldn't afford to add a mower deck at the time.

Now I am thinking I might like to try to find a used under deck mower as a back up mower to my Kubota zero turn and maybe to do the lower part of my field. I don't think I would want a mulching type mower as I presently let the field get fairly high.

I would like to know which model(s) fit(s) this particular tractor and what folks recommend I would look for. I am having a hard time finding actual model numbers and didn't really want to ask the dealer since I'd like to find a used one. Ease of installing and removing would be the most important criteria.

Also, are there any parts of the snowblower subframe that are normally left on the tractor that interfere with the mower deck? The subframe itself and the quick hitch are of course not mounted but I was wondering if there was anything else.

Thanks for any suggestions!

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
You can get a 54" or a 60" MMM and I am fairly certain you are looking for the RCKXX-23BX models (XX being either 54 or 60) I would check with your dealer to confirm 100% though. Nothing on the blower is left on once you remove the QH and the pto shafts. Someone else mentioned in another similar post that some tractors didn't come setup fro mower decks if one wasn't ordered. Make sure you have the blade height adjustment knob below your seat on the left and the deck lift arms under the tractor to know if you can add a deck.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I have the 60" drive-over-deck (RCK60D-26BX) on my BX2370-1. I think this "drive over deck" model just came out in 2015 so I doubt you''' find it used. Plus is model uses a center PTO mount kit where the PTO shaft stays with the tractor when you remove the deck.

The other model, what I think you are looking for, is RCK60-24B.
I'm not sure what the difference is between the RCK60-24B and the RCK60-23BX.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What about a 3 pth finish mower? For your tractor 60" will work fine, too. Never used one myself, but many guys swear by them.

Might work as a backup, especially if doing a field on occasion.

The prices for MMM are steep, both new and used, and your stuck with a particular model. So, not many choices.

This way, any brand will work.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
There is a post by bucks-layer for a slightly used 60" MMM that will fit well. It is priced well at $1299, shipping would be the only issue. I have that deck in my BX25 and it is a perfect fit, mowed at the lake over the weekend for the 1st time this year. Took down foot tall grass that was wet & still raining with no issue or clumping.

u2builder

Equipment
Apr 7, 2016
Alstead, NH
Thanks for all the replys. I did think about a 3ph mower, but I have a ballast box on back that I keep a bunch of yard tools in that is very handy plus with the 3ph mower attached it won't fit in my shed.

I know I could remove for emergency mowing but I am thinking if I had the MMM I could just leave it on and maybe use it for the field.

Is there any disadvantage to the fine cut mower other than being more expensive initially. Would it use more power/cut slower on the longer grass in my field?

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
buckslayer5676 has the exact mower you need for sale right now.
Look for his add. How far away are you from Marathon, Wisconsin ?

u2builder

Equipment
Apr 7, 2016
Alstead, NH
Gosh, a long way. Hundreds of miles. I'm in NH. I've found a couple closer, but either pricey or too far. But I'll keep looking. Thanks.

ggreene3

Mar 3, 2015
upstate ny
I have the 54" drive over deck on my bx2370 and I love it for doing my lawn. It will cut taller grass but you can tell it's definitely not made for that. I would get a 3 point hitch fine cut mower or even a brush hog for the use your describing. Plus the mid mount mower is a lot more money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u2builder

Equipment
Apr 7, 2016
Alstead, NH
I can't really fit the 3ph mower in my shed attached to the tractor. Plus, my ballast box doubles as a tool box.

I have been trying to figure out how to tell a standard MMMdeck from a fine cut deck. For example RCK54P-23BX vs RCK54-23BX Does the "P" mean standard cut?

bonz

Equipment
BX2370
Oct 21, 2015
Leicester, Ma, USA
I've got the fine cut RCK54P23BX on my BX2370 (P=fine cut)
If you were to look under the deck, you'd see some baffles that keep the cut grass near the spinning blades. I believe these baffles create a greater lift of the grass for a "finer" cut.

u2builder

Equipment
Apr 7, 2016
Alstead, NH
As mentioned, the "standard cut deck" to fit a BX2370 is an RCK6023BX for a 60". I have located a RCK60B23BX for sale. It was mounted on a BX2350. It has a "B" in the model number. Anyone know if it will fit my BX2370?