What is the difference between the BH70 & BH77 Backhoe?

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake
I received my L3901 tractor & dealer sent op manual for the bh70 backhoe but I got the bh77.
What's the difference between the 2?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
.7 feet... ;)

They are not the same, you have the wrong manual!
The B70 is for the 2301 and B2601, very different BH and mounts.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
lots... BH77 is bigger, heavier, deeper digging, faster etc....

if you go to kubota website dozens of differences listed between the two.

https://kubota.ca/en/products/implements/backhoes-bx-b-l/bh77
https://kubota.ca/en/products/implements/backhoes-bx-b-l/bh70
https://kubota.ca/en/products/power-equipment/tractors/b01#implements-table

couldn't find side by side comparison (sorry)
I have the BH77 on an L series kubota and like it a lot other than wish they would make a narrower bucket for trenching power cables.
The BH77 is matched to the L series and I think the 70's matched to the smaller B series tractor.

I got the BH70 operators manual as well when mine arrived. Was told no specific BH77 operator manual is available as BH70 works the same.

But the WSM and the Assembly Instructions they do have specific for BH77 and was included when my BH77 arrived.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

I bought my hoe a few months ago and did the install my self. The manuals were in a 5 gallon bucket strapped inside the crate the backhoe was shipped with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Dec 2, 2019
E.

I bought my hoe a few months ago and did the install my self. The manuals were in a 5 gallon bucket strapped inside the crate the backhoe was shipped with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
hopefully Kubota will make a PDF and get it on their website. I couldn't find it when mine arrived but would love to print it off and put with the install and WSM the covers the BH77. Not a big deal for me, mine came with BH70 operators manual but 77 install and WSM, but will keep looking to print as I like to keep paperwork on all the toys.

Cheers

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Nice! https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
hopefully Kubota will make a PDF and get it on their website. I couldn't find it when mine arrived but would love to print it off and put with the install and WSM the covers the BH77. Not a big deal for me, mine came with BH70 operators manual but 77 install and WSM, but will keep looking to print as I like to keep paperwork on all the toys.

Cheers
Did you get the hoe when you bought the tractor, or add it later? Also bxepanded makes trenching buckets for the 77.

https://www.bxpanded.com/B6-trencher

6 inch here, they also have a 4 1/2” too.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Did you get the hoe when you bought the tractor, or add it later? Also bxepanded makes trenching buckets for the 77.

https://www.bxpanded.com/B6-trencher

6 inch here, they also have a 4 1/2” too.
we think alike.... I am going to order the 6" bucket this spring... no more digging till spring for me as the ground is frozen here already.

Sort of bought at the same time i guess. I bought it as a package. I bought new L package with the hoe after I sold my B2620 (I missed having a tractor around).

But dealer did not have hoe in stock so I left the tractor with them for about a month until hoe arrived. Rest of stuff like weld on plate for AE grapple, snow blower, loader, etc... they already had in stock.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
we think alike.... I am going to order the 6" bucket this spring... no more digging till spring for me as the ground is frozen here already.

Sort of bought at the same time i guess. I bought it as a package. I bought new L package with the hoe after I sold my B2620 (I missed having a tractor around).

But dealer did not have hoe in stock so I left the tractor with them for about a month until hoe arrived. Rest of stuff like weld on plate for AE grapple, snow blower, loader, etc... they already had in stock.
When did you get yours? Its weird you were told there was no bh77 manual and ArtinAz received the 70 manual too.

I got my tractor used in 2017 and bought the hoe in July of this year. The picture of it on the trailer was when I got it home. I did the install. The manuals were the the sealed bucket along with the hoses, bolts, and other loose parts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is one ops manual and 2 WSM's listed:

OPS: 7K503-79912

WSM: 9Y111-05443

WSM: 9Y121-05440
I think this is the newer manual of the 2 but not sure of that. ;)

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
There is one ops manual and 2 WSM's listed:

OPS: 7K503-79912

WSM: 9Y111-05443

WSM: 9Y121-05440
I think this is the newer manual of the 2 but not sure of that. ;)
7K503-79918 is the number on my manual. What I can see is the 79912 is the 2010 manual. Probably all the same, but I found a few different numbers for the OM.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Dec 2, 2019
E.
When did you get yours? Its weird you were told there was no bh77 manual and ArtinAz received the 70 manual too.

I got my tractor used in 2017 and bought the hoe in July of this year. The picture of it on the trailer was when I got it home. I did the install. The manuals were the the sealed bucket along with the hoses, bolts, and other loose parts.
don't remember exact date but snow was gone so probably May 2019 +/- 1 month.

did you find the BH77 operators manual on the Kubota web site? I can not find it.

edit: I just had a digital chat with a Kubota rep. on their website. His name was Charles and he just advised that even he does not have copy of BH77 operators manual.... must be something really new.

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

did you find the BH77 operators manual on the Kubota web site? I can not find it.
I didn’t look on the kubota site. Mine came with the backhoe. I posted the number to add to wolfmans.

Put my number into google and found this.

https://steenent.com/products/

Shows 7 different numbers for the bh77 operators manual.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
That link didn’t work out to get to what I found. But that site had 7 different manual numbers for the bh77 OM.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I didn’t look on the kubota site. Mine came with the backhoe. I posted the number to add to wolfmans.

Put my number into google and found this.

https://steenent.com/products/

Shows 7 different numbers for the bh77 operators manual.
got me stumped... I don't need it but since the OP asked the question was hoping that it would be easy to get PDF of the correct Operators manual as I already have the install and WSM..... wasn't wanting to highjack or anything like that.

good news is so far tractor and BH and all else I bought seems to work flawlessly so far. (yea me?) and really the WSM is most important IMHO and the one I have is correct. As a retired "hog farmer" tractor and BH operation is not new.

Cheers!

ArtinAz

Equipment
L3901
Oct 24, 2019
Snowflake

edit: I just had a digital chat with a Kubota rep. on their website. His name was Charles and he just advised that even he does not have copy of BH77 operators manual.... must be something really new.
I just received a pdf copy from dealer for BH77.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I just received a pdf copy from dealer for BH77.
nice...any chance of posting it here?
If too big no problems.
Next trip out to my property (cottage) I pass my dealer and ask him for the same.

thanks