What happens after Paying off tractor and also KTAC

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
I am about to Pay off my tractor that is financed through Kubota.

What will I get from them to confirm payoff? I assume it's not a title, but what is it that I'll get to officially confirm there is no longer a loan against the tractor.

Also, how does the KTAC insurance work after it's paid off?

Thanks in advnace!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It's been a long while, but I paid my 60 month loan off in 25.

I received a Lien Release of some sort. Acknowledged loan paid. Don't remember exact format as it's been too long. Filed it with other tractor paperwork.

Since I was early with pay-off, I received a refund of some of the KTAC premium that must have been pre-paid, and was no longer covered. Had no choice in the matter at the time, but again was 8 +/- so years ago.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
It's been a long while, but I paid my 60 month loan off in 25.

I received a Lien Release of some sort. Acknowledged loan paid. Don't remember exact format as it's been too long. Filed it with other tractor paperwork.

Since I was early with pay-off, I received a refund of some of the KTAC premium that must have been pre-paid, and was no longer covered. Had no choice in the matter at the time, but again was 8 +/- so years ago.
I’m wondering if there’s an option to continue buying KTAC after paying off the loan?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I am about to Pay off my tractor that is financed through Kubota.

What will I get from them to confirm payoff? I assume it's not a title, but what is it that I'll get to officially confirm there is no longer a loan against the tractor.

Also, how does the KTAC insurance work after it's paid off?

Thanks in advnace!
You'll receive a letter from Kubota's financing division showing the model and serial number of your tractor along with descriptions and serial numbers of any implements purchased under the same contract. The letter will simply state that the loan has been paid off and the account closed. I've been through this a few times now.

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Pretty sure that you can purchase a new policy from KTAC when it's paid off...I'd suggest contacting them before the last payment though.

Website is here:

second FAQ question... https://www.ktacinsuranceagency.com/faq.aspx

I do have to say that I have always used KTAC insurance until just recently when I purchased the mini-ex. KTAC was $100/month vs adding it to my business insurance for $24/month. I chose the latter this time. I understand that the coverage isn't as good, but gees.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I think KTAC is excellent for general homeowners, because it covers every bit of stupidity that you could imagine, and it covers it pretty much new for old. New tractor owners probably don't know how many different ways they can break their machine, or break other people's property with their machine. It's probably worth the spend for that.

More experienced owners/operators can probably find a better deal for the types of breakage they're likely to create.

Reactions: 2 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
You will get a lien release, and refund of left over insurance coverage if any. You will get a separate letter, probably beforehand to offer you continued insurance at the then current rate. (Your old rate was locked in upon purchase) IF you do not continue the ins. service, then it cannot be started later down the road. Only way to have Ktac is buy new, or used from a dealer for the 99%. In sure someone slipped through some crack and got coverage somehow, but not the norm.

You can cut items off the quote. If you bought a tractor and implement. You could say only renew the implement or tractor.

Wyatt545

Equipment
Kubota M5660, RCR1884, pallet forks and EA Severe Xtreme 84" box blade
Nov 13, 2022
Zionville, NC
When I paid off last tractor a couple months ago, ktac called me and asked if I wanted to continue with coverage.

You will receive a release of lien letter from Kubota finance.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
As I recall KTAC does not offer replacement coverage once the loan is paid off it's only actual cash value coverage... Or in other words they take deprecation and you have to pay the difference to get new.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I paid off both my previous B2601 and L2501 that were financed through Kubota. As others have mentioned, I received a letter from Kubota stating the tractor details and that the financial obligation has been fulfilled. I also received a refund for the KTAC insurance.

Had the KTAC insurance coverage remained the same, I would have kept it but, since the protection proved to be the same as my homeowners insurance, I had no reason to keep the Kubota coverage.

Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
WOW you Guys / Gals give horrible, outlandish and false advice and information!

It's really simple
Load the tractor back on the trailer and return it to the dealer, it's worn out and you need to buy another one!

See super simple!

Yes this is a Joke, the rest of the gang was spot on! ;)

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
WOW you Guys / Gals give horrible, outlandish and false advice and information!

It's really simple
Load the tractor back on the trailer and return it to the dealer, it's worn out and you need to buy another one!

See super simple!

Yes this is a Joke, the rest of the gang was spot on! ;)
I will see if I can sell this to the rest of “management” here at the homestead lol lol

thanks to everyone for the help and fun here.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’m wondering if there’s an option to continue buying KTAC after paying off the loan?
Do those who buy KTAC after paying off their tractor loans, also buy "CarShield" after paying off their car loans?:rolleyes:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Do those who buy KTAC after paying off their tractor loans, also buy "CarShield" after paying off their car loans?:rolleyes:
I don’t see an equivalency. KTAC is property insurance, not just for accidental damage repairs. Theft, fire, etc… And it also covers when using the equipment off of the personal residence property.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
comment deleted

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don’t see an equivalency. KTAC is property insurance, not just for accidental damage repairs. Theft, fire, etc… And it also covers when using the equipment off of the personal residence property.
They are similar in some respects, ....but you make a valid point.
KTAC, as I understand it, is certainly far more comprehensive.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
They are similar in some respects, ....but you make a valid point.
KTAC, as I understand it, is certainly far more comprehensive.
KTAC is insurance like jyoutz pointed out, it’s not an extended warranty like “carshield” that covers repairs due to mechanical/electrical/etc issues. But I believe kubota will sell you one of those though too 😁

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Really you have 2 choices as I see it.
1 go look for a new tractor or
2. live with it, take care of it, love it

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What happens after paying off the loan and not needing to carry KATC insurance? You save money. My experience anyway.

I paid off my BX early, and paid cash for the larger tractor. Never had insurance on either (other than homeowners), except maybe during the loan for the BX, which is probably the case, I don't remember.

Insurance is insurance. Long ago I decided never to take out extended warranties on consumer products as well. Never needed one that I can remember. Saved bucks that way in MY case. I do carry homeowners insurance though...too risky otherwise. AND more than mandated car insurance. Again too risky otherwise. Also a sizable personal liability policy. Not that expensive.

But my tractors? Nope. Where I live chances of theft are slim, and being the bright guy I am, chances that I will do something stupid that is not covered by my homeowners insurance is slim. (Don't ask my wife for an opinion on this)

We all have different comfort levels. I prefer to spend my money on implements or whatever, and not on tractor insurance that I will likely never need.

As with everything else, your milage may vary...