What do I have? Kubota M-1068 Backhoe

RacerX

Equipment
Kubota M-1068 Backhoe
Jul 25, 2018
Houston, Tx
I bought a Kubota M-1068 Backhoe from a local craigslist ad. It attaches via 3 point, pump is driven by tractor PTO.

It has a label that says "Made for Kubota". several large Kubota letter sets with a gear symbol preceding the Kubota name. It doesn't have Japanese or any foreign marking anywhere on it.

I found a manual on Ebay, but that's all I've been able to find for it. I've contacted a couple of Kubota dealers and they've never heard of it.

I've removed the hoses, getting them made at a local hose supply, rebuilding the control valves using evapo-rust and new seal kits and am disassembling the unit to have the parts blasted and powdercoated, then reassemble everything.

Any input, knowledge, advice, etc?

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Cool! It might not have been made by Kubota, but could have been made for Kubota in the US. I have a B/L4520B - it was built by Woods and is equivalent to the Woods 650. Check the old Woods product lineup and see if there is something similar?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That backhoe was designed for an M series of tractor.

What size pins does it need Cat I or Cat II?

Three point BH's are very very hard on tractors, know for breaking parts, Ideally if you want to use it I would suggest making a subframe for it.

But if your just going to put that on a tractor as is, you will need the three point reinforcing kit or you are almost guaranteed to break the rear end of your tractor.

What tractor are you thinking of hooking it on?

RacerX

Equipment
Kubota M-1068 Backhoe
Jul 25, 2018
Houston, Tx
It had cat1 pins on it from previous, I put cat 2 pins on it to match my John Deere 1130 diesel. It matches up nicely on the big John Deere.

Where would I find a 3 point reinforcing kit?

Any thoughts on where to source some parts?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It had cat1 pins on it from previous, I put cat 2 pins on it to match my John Deere 1130 diesel. It matches up nicely on the big John Deere.

Where would I find a 3 point reinforcing kit?

Any thoughts on where to source some parts?

If your using it on a JD, then JD is where you will need to get the three point reinforcing kit.

Parts for the BH, Try calling Coleman Equipment or Messick's, they should be able to find what you needing if available.

A lot of the older US Only Kubota Equipment is actually Woods, so you might try them for parts too.

RacerX

Equipment
Kubota M-1068 Backhoe
Jul 25, 2018
Houston, Tx
Thanks for the input all.

Any ideas about getting the cylinder pivot pins out?

Since this unit sat uncovered so long, the hoses and control valves needed servicing. I have pulled them off and replacing the hoses amd rebuilding the control valves.

I'm dismantling the entire thing to sandblast and powder coat it but am having difficulty getting the pins out. I have pulled the lock pins, had to cut a couple and then use a punch to get them out. On some, greasing apparently wasn't done regularly and the pins are resisting.