What canopy for L3940

usamark

Equipment
L3940
Jul 29, 2019
NE OH
I'm looking to add a fiberglass or aluminum canopy to my L3940. I do not want a fabric shade.

There's a couple that I've found that look nice (like the one with the fan in it), but they're around $600-$700. Is that the going rate?

What is the good one....or maybe the better question is which one to stay away from?

This is for sun, not bad weather.

There's some backhoe-ing going on. Does anyone make a canopy that flips or rotates around over the backhoe?

I bet these are dumb questions. I'm a noob with canopies.

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I do a lot of woodland work on my tractors and was not sure a sunshade would survive long so I purchased a lower cost model.

All States Ag Parts Parts A.S.A.P. Tuff Top Tractor Canopy for ROPS 48" X 52" - Orange

It has done amazingly well and works great on my L series. Not sure it will work or move to shade you when using the backhoe.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I'm looking to add a fiberglass or aluminum canopy to my L3940. I do not want a fabric shade.

There's a couple that I've found that look nice (like the one with the fan in it), but they're around $600-$700. Is that the going rate?

What is the good one....or maybe the better question is which one to stay away from?

There's some backhoe-ing going on. Does anyone make a canopy that flips or rotates around over the backhoe?

The Rhino top is what I use in the summer. Tough durable and it is easily removable. And yes you can flip it around for backhoe work! Tractor and mower canopies | RhinoHide Canopies LLC

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa

For that kind of money maybe you can get a Kubota canopy from your dealer. I would start there and or call Messicks.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
If you ever want to tow it, most of the "kits" (Kubotas included) say to remove the top before towing.

I tow mine a lot and on highways so I made my own 100MPH approved cover. It is an EZ-GO golf cart cover.

My old tractor had a fiberglass cover and I got quite a few cracks on it in the woods. SO far, the plastic top bounces right back on this one.

ROPS-1.jpg

usamark

Equipment
L3940
Jul 29, 2019
NE OH
I saw something like that on craigslist a few years ago. Some guy had a trailer of them. They were $80 or something....at that time. Where did you get yours? A dealer for the carts?

Maybe this is the guy.

Too bad they are so far away.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
This is the canopy that my dealer installed on my new MX tractor. It’s made of steel, fairly inexpensive, and was delivered undamaged on the tractor after a 300 mile road trip.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I have this on my tractor and so far it works great. I called the company and asked about trailering with sunshade mounted and the reply was they have not had any product failures do to trailering. They did state that if I was concerned, remove the top or load tractor backed on.
Shade

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I saw something like that on craigslist a few years ago. Some guy had a trailer of them. They were $80 or something....at that time. Where did you get yours? A dealer for the carts?

Maybe this is the guy.

Too bad they are so far away.
Any local golf cart company will have take-off roofs.