Weather in your area ?

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Hello all , just curious with all this ruff weather around this year , what's it like in area ?
Here in west Michigan it has been mild , plenty of rain . The farmers and orchards are liking it .

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello all , just curious with all this ruff weather around this year , what's it like in area ?
Here in west Michigan it has been mild , plenty of rain . The farmers and orchards are liking it .
Central Virginia -

Hot (90+) and humid plus (70% +)

Had our fair share of T-storms in evening........

Most hate the heat - I never have minded sweating my ars off:D.....seem to get a lot more work done in the heat as opposed to the cold !

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Been drowned all spring, anywhere from one inch of rain to 5 inches a day. Then june it dried up with maybe a couple days of rain this month. Went straight from temps in the 70's to temps in the high 90's :rolleyes:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Around here it has been nice for everyone except those trying to get hay dry. Since mid May I don't think there have been more than 3 days in a row where rain didn't fall. My neighbor will be baling 1st cutting around the 4th of July from the forecast. By then it will be all stemmy. 2.5 inches last night, but beautiful day today. In the summer I love it when the cool dry Canadian air crosses the border.

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Sunny and Hot... it's California after all...
Hi,

Lots of rain, every other day raining some 10 liters per square meter, even at quite cold temperatures, around 15 degrees Celsius, we
've had thunderstorms, in south germany,
The north complains about a severe drought.

Not easy for farmers wherever you are,
The truck business is easier.

Regards

Robert

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Hi,

Lots of rain, every other day raining some 10 liters per square meter, even at quite cold temperatures, around 15 degrees Celsius, we
've had thunderstorms, in south germany,
The north complains about a severe drought.

Not easy for farmers wherever you are,
The truck business is easier.

Regards

Robert
Ugh, sounds like where I came from in North Texas. The farmers there were having fits working around the rain.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Last month was extremely dry, we even had a good sized wildfire that we haven't seen in a very long time. This month has been on the wet side with mild temps. Few warm days but generally mild. Having rain almost every day must be a pain for the farmers trying to hay. We are under a tornado watch this evening :eek: Darren you keep those twisters down where they are supposed to be! :p

My berries are all out of whack having a late winter. Usually the black raspberries are first to ripen, second the blackberries, and last the raspberries & blueberries all the way through the beginning of winter. Today I picked my first raspberries that were ripe, and the black raspberries have a good week or so to go. Blackberries are a a while out but are loaded. Blueberries are loaded this year too and should ripen within a few weeks which seems to be a little early :confused: With the harsh winter we had all of the plants survived and are loaded with berries :D.

CJN8

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, Gearmore Box Blade, Bush Hog, Cimmeron Rake
Nov 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
Dry and hot here in East County of San Diego. From November 1 2014 to June 1 2015 we have had a total of 11.7 inches of rain in Dehesa Valley. Boy we need more. My brother who lives about 2 miles from me is on a waiting list to have his well deepened, he cant keep his storage tank filled. My house is in a valley so our water supply is doing just fine. We are supposed to be having an el nino year this year which means above average rain...we shall see.

Cheers,
Nate

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
114 downtown for the last few days. 15% humidity so, if you wet your shirt and stand in the breeze, you are just fine. I have been tiling in my workshop and its been very nice.

A horse rancher buddy called me yesterday at 3:30 with an emergency: His Honda water wagon pump wouldn't start and he needed to get his pool filled up after some work. I raced over on my dirt bike and we hosed each other off and worked for a couple hours mostly in direct sun. It wasn't too bad until your shirt dried out. Old gas so after a drain, we got it running.

We had 1.5 inches three weeks ago (hurricane from Mexico) and they are saying a chance of rain this weekend. The desert is still pretty green and if we get a half inch or so, we'll be set for the monsoons that usually start the second or third week of July. Last year was killer. We got so much rain, the desert was super green in September when its usually crispy brown. Fingers crossed. Love to see another Fall like last year!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im still trying to dry out the basement and they are calling for more rain. Im glad its warm cause if this was winter,,, good golly snow would be belly button deep on a 10 foot Indian

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They are calling for it to be 101 by Sunday! :eek:
I thought I left the triple digits when I left Phoenix! :rolleyes:
The only plus is that while its that hot during the day it will cool off to low 60's at night. ;)

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
We haven't had a 90° day yet this year . Today is sunny ,78° and gets to about 58° at night . I love it , good sleeping weather .

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Saskatchewan has been really dry all spring, we got about 3/8" last weekend of rain and that's the first since a wet snow dump in late April. Farmers are going really feel this if we don't get rain soon as everything has germinated and is about 6" high and needs those June rains to take off.

My Uncle was here a while back and said" I should have just dug a hole in the ground and put all my money in to it instead of spending three weeks spreading it over 4,000 acres"!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
There are guys here that have hay ready to go but cant get to it because everything is so freekin wet they cant cut it because its sunny today you cut and it rains fro the next 3 days,,, Crime don't pay neather dose farming,, any more

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Severe storm warning sirens just went off in Sugar Hill -- guess Daren Todd's complaints registered and now it's been shifted further east.

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
Like 12 straight days above 90 and most pushing close to 100, 1.8" of rain in two months, corn looks more like pineapple plants than corn. Palmer Drought scale says we're in a severe drought, central NC.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Early monsoons nipping at the southern border of our state last night. Big action in eastern AZ with some forecast for central AZ starting this weekend. Possibility of rain in the forecast all next week. This moisture is feeding into southern Colorado and heading east from there.

I'll take any and all we can get.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh what a brutal weekend!
101 yesterday and 105 today. :eek:
That is super hot for our area!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Oh what a brutal weekend!
101 yesterday and 105 today. :eek:
That is super hot for our area!
I'm thinking mother nature got the weather patterns bass ackwards :rolleyes: You ended up with our weather and we ended up with yours. Was a nice comfortable low 80's during the day and mid 60's at night this weekend :p:D:)