Watching The End Of The World

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
a poetic video, though based on theory. It is amazing that scientists can somehow forecast millions of years in advance with our little true understanding of the vastness of space and astronomy and even the earths climate, but the meteorologists with all their advanced and well built forcasting systems cant tell me whether this tropical storm in the atlantic will be on the east coast of florida or the west coast of florida by this weekend, or how strong it will be when it gets to either location, or wether it will not go to either location and will turn in the Bahamas and go back out to sea.

We know tropical cyclones well. we know every single parameter that affects them and how they interact with one another. We have the jet stream, and all high and low pressure systems perfectly mapped in data. We know how all of these systems interact. We know how 1 degree of water surface temperature affects a growing hurricane. We know how different winds at different levels of the atmosphere will shear a developing storm, and how it will affect its movement. The models that forecast these tropical cyclones are highly advanced, with decades of data points to draw from in their calculations and projections......And still, Hurricane Michael in 2018 that hit near my home here in Florida was foretasted on Sunday October 7, 2018 to be a tropical storm when It made landfall somewhere in the panhandle of Florida. I remember checking all the forecast models on the storm that day. 72 hours later it roared into mexico beach, FL as a category 5 hurricane and wiped the town off the map, and destroyed miles and miles of landscape all they way into Georgia. Even 48 hours before landfall many of the models were still projecting just a strong tropical storm at landfall. I remember many meteorologists talking about the shear that was occurring on the west side of the storm that would prohibit it from strengthening. I could recount other storms in years past that they drastically over forcasted the other way. All of these errors, when we know almost everything about how hurricanes form, strengthen, and move. We know vastly less about the climate at large, and even vastly less than that about the Sun and our galaxy.

Its just one of many, many reasons why I have never bought into the alarmism of global warming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
One thing we know pretty certain is, one day, our sun will die. As our sun dies, it will expand rapidly, enveloping the planets one by one. We see it happening to other stars across the visible universe. Billions of years before that, we will likely see the failure of our magnetosphere as the core cools and solidifies. The radiation levels on Earth will rise to a point where life in the open is impossible. And, as a byproduct of losing our "magnetic deflector shield," the solar wind will start ripping away our atmosphere. The scientists believe this may be why Mars lost its atmosphere. Change is constant. Entropy is unstoppable. Enjoy this beautiful home while it is at it's peak and count yourself lucky for having lived here. The more we search for planets like Earth, the more we are learning how incredibly precious and unique our home is.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
The more we search for planets like Earth, the more we are learning how incredibly precious and unique our home is.
And yet, the majority of it's citizens treat it like it's resources are inexhaustible and not concerned about how our descendants have to deal with the mess we leave them. We may well render the planet uninhabitable before it it would naturally have, had humans not been here.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A large number of the world's citizens are only concerned with what's needed for today. They have no luxury as we know them. They are in survival mode. They surely have not and are not thinking about future generations.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I'm just waiting for the BIG Asteroid to take care of things myself.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I'm just waiting for the BIG Asteroid to take care of things myself.
If that happens, Ill be setting in a lawn chair in the front yard, with sun glasses, a quart of Moose Tracks ice cream and a Diet Coke waiting for the show to begin,

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
If you think we have it "all figured out", the next time you are sitting at a stoplight with nobody else around, remind yourself, we aren't even close to figuring it out.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I wonder more often than not how super smart people that can develop theories about how man's rather insignificant contribution to the planet's ecosystem is killing it can't seem to draw the lines between the dots. There's oil il in Canada and Alaska and Russia and Greenland, etc. Oil came from animal life the perished during the ice age. I might be wrong, but I have to believe that if water level issues weren't a problem before that, they're not likely to be a lot worse this time. Most of the critters that croaked and turned into oil lived on dry land, but could not survive harsh cold temperatures because they were all poikilothermic, assuming science is right about Dino being Fred's pet lizard. This would suggest that most everything between between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn would have largely been desert, and uninhabitable, however, Texas has oil too, so perhaps there was something a lot different going on. Alabama has TONS of coal (5 seams I know of personally). That came from giant tree ferns and other vegetation that got covered with a lot of very heavy mud that turned into rock and compressed the vegetation. So, obviously, water levels were higher at some point in time, and for slate to form, that water can't be moving very fast. Slate is silt, silt doesn't settle in fast moving water.

SO, who's to say that the earth's rotation hasn't slowed? We all know what happens when you spin a bowl of water. Centrifugal force is a very basic component of rotational physics. What if the day is 3 seconds longer now than it was when the polar ice caps were formed by nuclear winter caused by an asteroid strike? What if the day was only 23 hours long at one point? Where would the water go? Obviously, toward the equator, where the centrifugal forces were much higher. So, are the oceans rising, or is the planet just slowing down a bit? Longer days would certainly increase temperatures and melt more ice. So, then, what happens as the oceans migrate back toward the poles? The effective diameter of the planet (including it's water mass) would become smaller, and like an ice skater, it would accelerate. But, like anything else in physics, it will eventually slow down and stop spinning. There's no such thing as perpetual motion. Rotational acceleration will shorten the days, cool the poles, reform the ice, and shoot down a lot of theories about carbon dioxide killing the planet.

I've always wondered that if you completely eliminate CO2, what are photosynthetic plants going to live on? Where is our much needed O2 going to come from?Will we evolve and become nitrogen breathers before radiation finally kills us? That video went very straight in that direction, but failed to call out the global warming theorists.

Reactions: 1 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
180ppm pretty much kills all plant life. We're around 450ppm currently, up from 280ppm around the end of the Little Ice Age. While 280ppm won't kill everything, any lower is getting into some pretty bad territory for plants. (BTW many greenhouse growers pump CO2 into greenhouses up to 1000ppm to spur growth) Historic levels have been higher than 7000ppm prior to the Holocene.