Warranty Forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I have an issue with my hour/rpm cable not working. I called my dealer and they said it was out of warranty 18 days ago.
I understand that they have to draw the line somewhere, but just curious if any of you have had experience where they cut you some slack on a warranty issue, recently after going out of warranty.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I haven’t had the experience with Kubota but I have with my truck dealership. 18 days is not that much time.

Reactions: 1 user

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
My experience has been that my local guys for a boat and Harley would not help me, but I called Tracker, they told the dealer to go ahead and fix the boat under warranty, I had to write Mama Harley, it took much longer, but they replaced my synchronizers for free 1000 miles out of warranty. The local guys need the support from their parent companies or they have to eat that cost themselves, and a lot of business owners aren't willing to do that.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Back when I served as a dealer service manager tractor manufactures viewed expired warranties on a case by case basis but normally when warranty time frame expired warranty was over.

I'm guessing you're referring to the tractor listed in your profile. It appears from viewing Kubota parts schematic that the L2501 has a cable powered speed/hour meter. I suggest to disconnect cable housing from instrument cluster then start engine to determine if cable turns when engine timing gears rotate. Parts catalog shows a serial # break for correct cable but if cable is bad automotive cable might be a replacement.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I haven’t had the experience with Kubota but I have with my truck dealership. 18 days is not that much time.
Agreed, its not very long. Thanks
My experience has been that my local guys for a boat and Harley would not help me, but I called Tracker, they told the dealer to go ahead and fix the boat under warranty, I had to write Mama Harley, it took much longer, but they replaced my synchronizers for free 1000 miles out of warranty. The local guys need the support from their parent companies or they have to eat that cost themselves, and a lot of business owners aren't willing to do that.
I guess it depends on the circumstances, i.e. customer, product, warranty item, etc...Thanks
Back when I served as a dealer service manager tractor manufactures viewed expired warranties on a case by case basis but normally when warranty time frame expired warranty was over.

I'm guessing you're referring to the tractor listed in your profile. It appears from viewing Kubota parts schematic that the L2501 has a cable powered speed/hour meter. I suggest to disconnect cable housing from instrument cluster then start engine to determine if cable turns when engine timing gears rotate. Parts catalog shows a serial # break for correct cable but if cable is bad automotive cable might be a replacement.
Yes Im referring to my L2501. There should be a leniency imo, at least for the first month thereafter, especially when it could be something relatively lower cost, not to mention that Ive noticed I might be needing a new battery soon as I can hear the weakness of charge when starting, more and more each time. Thanks for your troubleshooting suggestion, as I have yet to determine what the issue is. When I explained my concern to the dealers manager, I would have thought that they might at least offered to cover the cost of the cable, should that be the issue. Thanks

Last edited:

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
I just got back inside from checking. I left the cable firmly connected to the engine side, as it has been from the beginning, then disconnected from rpm/hour meter. Started tractor and its not spinning. I guess I will ask the dealer if they will help in any way for the cost of a replacement cable.

Workerbee

Equipment
Zd21
Mar 1, 2020
MN
So what you are saying is that Kubota should lengthen their warranty period by 30 days? Do you mean just for you, or for everybody? Then if they do that, and your cable goes 20 days after the extended warranty I suppose they should extend it some more? It seems to me that you entered into an agreement concerning warranty terms when you purchased the tractor, didn’t you? Or did they pull one over on you? Do tell....

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have often wondered if someone who wants Kubota to go outside the signed, agreed warranty period would think differently if Kubota asked for extra monthly payments???
Just asking.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have often wondered if someone who wants Kubota to go outside the signed, agreed warranty period would think differently if Kubota asked for extra monthly payments???
Just asking.
They call that an extended warranty. No idea if Kubota offers one, but I’ve never believed in them for the $$ they cost.

A racket in my opinion.....Buy a $200 tool at a box store.....”do you want the customer protection plan for just $40 for 3 years?” Umm, no....why pay 20% more off the top!?!

Over time, how much “premium” are you paying for that supposed protection?!?

I’ve decided I can self-insure that risk.

Trust me, not belittling Mudball’s spot at all. I’ve been hooked with repairs right after expiration of warranties. It sucks, and leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

If it’s any consolation, it’s a cable and not a major calamity.

Reactions: 1 users

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
So what you are saying is that Kubota should lengthen their warranty period by 30 days? Do you mean just for you, or for everybody? Then if they do that, and your cable goes 20 days after the extended warranty I suppose they should extend it some more? It seems to me that you entered into an agreement concerning warranty terms when you purchased the tractor, didn’t you? Or did they pull one over on you? Do tell....
If you reach up in there far enough, maybe you can remove whatever it is that is lodged up inside you. First off it was 18 days and not 30. You draw your red line and Ill draw mine. There have been many examples in many different industry's, where companies have covered customers on products slightly past warranty (within 1 month ?) depending on the dealer, should that even happen by chance. I mean the chances of items breaking within a few days to a month after warranty, simply have to be very few, but clearly this is a dealers decision. So those people who were covered in such instances, should they give that money back Mr. righteous ? So if you were offered to have something covered under warranty, but your warranty was actually expired, I know you would do the right thing and refuse it, right ? You have no idea what else Ive encountered prior to this, but its clear that youve decided to be both the judge and jury in this case. Besides, this is a dealers decision, not Kubotas per se. And does my post say Kubota forgiveness, or Warranty forgiveness ? This is all I can say in response to your cynical remarks and remain civil.

• Wow

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
If it’s any consolation, it’s a cable and not a major calamity.
Agreed, my thoughts exactly. My dealer has made their decision thus far. I simply wondered if anyone else was covered in such a similar situation. My original post would indicate my intentions as such.
I guess I should have titled my thread Dealer Forgiveness. Nothing against Kubota, as Im very happy with the tractor in general. When you get people that respond like Workerbee did, it does make me wonder.
Thanks

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Besides, this is a dealers decision, not Kubotas per se. And does my post say Kubota forgiveness, or Warranty forgiveness ?
Kubota provides the warranty, not the dealer. The dealer does the repair and submits the claim and Kubota pays the dealer, so Kubota forgiveness/warranty forgiveness is the same thing. Your dealer doesn’t provide the warranty to you. It would be your dealers decision to give you the cable and/or labor to replace on their dime and free parts and labor does not pay the operating costs of running a business.
Not trying to start anything as I deal with this everyday as an employee and a customer. If you want to ask Kubota to help then call Kubota customer service not the dealer.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Agreed, my thoughts exactly. My dealer has made their decision thus far. I simply wondered if anyone else was covered in such a similar situation. My original post would indicate my intentions as such.
I guess I should have titled my thread Dealer Forgiveness. Nothing against Kubota, as Im very happy with the tractor in general. When you get people that respond like Workerbee did, it does make me wonder.
Thanks
When the day is done.....nothing ventured nothing gained.

It was a question worth asking of your dealer.

Sincerely hope it’s an easy fix

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks
Call Kubota Customer Service 1 (888) 465-8268 and ask them for help. The worst they can do is say no.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Kubota provides the warranty, not the dealer. The dealer does the repair and submits the claim and Kubota pays the dealer, so Kubota forgiveness/warranty forgiveness is the same thing. Your dealer doesn’t provide the warranty to you. It would be your dealers decision to give you the cable and/or labor to replace on their dime and free parts and labor does not pay the operating costs of running a business.
Not trying to start anything as I deal with this everyday as an employee and a customer. If you want to ask Kubota to help then call Kubota customer service not the dealer.
I knew this prior to posting my concern. However, you cant tell me that dealers dont have certain customers they help out (lie for) when it comes to warranty claims that have gone past due a few days. I dont want them to lie for me, but considering the cost, they could have offered something. Again, as I mentioned, its up to the dealership. As you mentioned, and I repeat out of context, they would have to incur the cost, or lie about the warranty date, again up to the dealership.
I will ask Kubota to help. However, you would have thought that the dealer would have offered a discount for the part, or given me the part, considering the cost and considering the timing of when it broke, at least "this one time" to satisfy a customer, that is not likely to have any other issues anytime soon, and they coulsd easily have mention it that way. I would love to tell some people what happened with me at this dealership, mostly due to the salesman, and now I regret buying from them, and one day I might just tell my story. Its a great tractor, and I love it, so its a shame about this issue. It looks like the cable is somewhere around $25 to $30, so its not the money as its the principle. Thanks for your insight from experience.
When the day is done.....nothing ventured nothing gained.

It was a question worth asking of your dealer.

Sincerely hope it’s an easy fix
Its going to be a cable replacement as Ive already troubleshot it, and yes it should be fairly easy.
Thanks for the encouraging words.
Call Kubota Customer Service 1 (888) 465-8268 and ask them for help. The worst they can do is say no.
You are exactly right. Thanks

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I knew this prior to posting my concern. However, you cant tell me that dealers dont have certain customers they help out (lie for) when it comes to warranty claims that have gone past due a few days. I dont want them to lie for me, but considering the cost, they could have offered something. Again, as I mentioned, its up to the dealership. As you mentioned, and I repeat out of context, they would have to incur the cost, or lie about the warranty date, again up to the dealership.
I will ask Kubota to help. However, you would have thought that the dealer would have offered a discount for the part, or given me the part, considering the cost and considering the timing of when it broke, at least "this one time" to satisfy a customer, that is not likely to have any other issues anytime soon, and they coulsd easily have mention it that way. I would love to tell some people what happened with me at this dealership, mostly due to the salesman, and now I regret buying from them, and one day I might just tell my story. It looks like the cable is somewhere around $25 to $30, so its not the money as its the principle. Thanks for your insight from experience.

Its going to be a cable replacement as Ive already troubleshot it, and yes it should be fairly easy.
Thanks for the encouraging words.

You are exactly right. Thanks
Im in the auto dealer world so not exactly the same. Concerning “lying” about the time, thats nearly impossible. Your warranty starts on the day you buy it and its documented with the manufacturer. Dealer can’t really back date a repair. On our side say the car has 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, we can’t do anything about it if you have an issue at 37 months due to the documented time. But say you have 37,000 miles but have only owned the vehicle for 24 months, the mileage could be “adjusted” on the paper work depending on the service history.

I get the auto world and tractor world arent the same. And I don’t know your story with your dealer, but it doesn’t sound like you had a great experience. Regardless how it went wrong a bad relationship won’t get you any help from them. Reach out to the manufacturer.

Mudball

Equipment
L2501 HST 4WD
Aug 3, 2015
TN
Im in the auto dealer world so not exactly the same. Concerning “lying” about the time, thats nearly impossible. Your warranty starts on the day you buy it and its documented with the manufacturer. Dealer can’t really back date a repair. On our side say the car has 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, we can’t do anything about it if you have an issue at 37 months due to the documented time. But say you have 37,000 miles but have only owned the vehicle for 24 months, the mileage could be “adjusted” on the paper work depending on the service history.

I get the auto world and tractor world arent the same. And I don’t know your story with your dealer, but it doesn’t sound like you had a great experience. Regardless how it went wrong a bad relationship won’t get you any help from them. Reach out to the manufacturer.
I too was in the auto world several years ago, and maybe things have changed since then, but depending on the customer, the dealership did it quite frequently. I remember getting upset at times because the service writer and sometimes manager, would cover certain customers repairs under warranty that were not warranty, and because of it, most of the time I would not make as much money, as I would say as a "customer pay" job. So I know that it was very possible back then for sure.

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
Toyota has done it 2 times on my Tacoma. Headlight assembly’s both replaced 6 months out of warrany. Paint blotches started to appear 9 months out of warranty, repainted tailgate and compounded and buffed the rest of the truck. Toyota rocks.

dvcochran

Equipment
Kubota M9000, New Holland TN90, Deere 2640, Vermeer 504N, Vermeer 504SI, more
Feb 23, 2011
Dickson, TN
If you reach up in there far enough, maybe you can remove whatever it is that is lodged up inside you. First off it was 18 days and not 30. You draw your red line and Ill draw mine. There have been many examples in many different industry's, where companies have covered customers on products slightly past warranty (within 1 month ?) depending on the dealer, should that even happen by chance. I mean the chances of items breaking within a few days to a month after warranty, simply have to be very few, but clearly this is a dealers decision. So those people who were covered in such instances, should they give that money back Mr. righteous ? So if you were offered to have something covered under warranty, but your warranty was actually expired, I know you would do the right thing and refuse it, right ? You have no idea what else Ive encountered prior to this, but its clear that youve decided to be both the judge and jury in this case. Besides, this is a dealers decision, not Kubotas per se. And does my post say Kubota forgiveness, or Warranty forgiveness ? This is all I can say in response to your cynical remarks and remain civil.
Let's ask it this way; in whatever industry you work in does buying power matter? How many tractors have you purchased from your dealer? How much trade do you do with them? How many customers have you brought them? Trying to haggle over a $50 cable on a 25hp out of warranty tractor is just lame.
No, I am not a dealer and not in the tractor industry at all, other than as a consumer.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Well after my purchase I asked my dealer for the service manuals of the equipment purchased. Told him I didn't need a hard copy but would sure appreciate a digital copy and I'd bring in a flash drive. He asked for my email address and the copies were there the next day!

Since then I've brought him two confirmed sales (one used Kubota and one new). Both neighbors of mine. And I recommend them to anybody that asks me about what kind of tractor might fit their needs. Not sure if any of those have bought from this dealer or not. I know some have at least looked. I'd say that extra good will by the dealer towards me was pretty cheap advertising!

Status
Not open for further replies.