Warranty Email Scam

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I just got this email, obvious scam. Note the 'from' email address and the name of the customer, not me, as well as a model I do not own. Do not let the scammer scam you. Not sure how they got my email address, not that it matters unles OTT was breached.
Annotation 2021-02-01 205218.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't think it's a scam, the phone number is Kubota's number, sounds like Kubota has some records crossed up.
Could have been you dealers doings.
You could call them and make sure that they have your proper information.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Agree. It doesn't give you a link, or ask for money. It tells you to talk to your dealer. If it's a scam, I don't see how they make money from it.

Broncorm

Equipment
B3030
Jul 26, 2018
Vermont
I got the same email yesterday. i Will have owned my tractor for 11 years in May so I was a little confused about an extended warranty at this point in time

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
A new scam routine IS MAKING the ROUNDS however: You receive an email solicitation and a “LINK” is provided to “UNSUBSCRIBE”.

Clicking on THAT LINK takes you to a site for you to enter your email address (so you can be “unsubscribed”) ... which CONFIRMS your email address is s VALID address. Congratulations. You will now receive PLENTY of scam emails.

Probably best to simply DELETE the email or report it as “JUNK” or “PHISHING”

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I got the same email yesterday. i Will have owned my tractor for 11 years in May so I was a little confused about an extended warranty at this point in time
You should hurry up and sign up and get that extended warranty for that tractor. :D

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Not for my Kubota but got one for a extended warranty on my 2011 Tundra over the weekend.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
A new scam routine IS MAKING the ROUNDS however: You receive an email solicitation and a “LINK” is provided to “UNSUBSCRIBE”.

Clicking on THAT LINK takes you to a site for you to enter your email address (so you can be “unsubscribed”) ... which CONFIRMS your email address is s VALID address. Congratulations. You will now receive PLENTY of scam emails.

Probably best to simply DELETE the email or report it as “JUNK” or “PHISHING”
Correct, that was the only link on the email. No way would I click on it.

Normally, an email such as this would have multiple links. One to the website so you can 'Build a new Tractor' at a minimum. Another to perhaps your dealer. Another to their privacy faqs.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Wouldn't hurt to call kubota, but if it's irrelevant to you, also wouldn't hurt to just delete it.

Geo is right about the phishing "unsubscribe" scam - you unsubscribe and that confirms your email address is valid, so they add it to a list of "confirmed email addresses" that they sell to spammers and scammers..

Borderdec

Jun 8, 2021
Canada
I just got this email, obvious scam. Note the 'from' email address and the name of the customer, not me, as well as a model I do not own. Do not let the scammer scam you. Not sure how they got my email address, not that it matters unles OTT was breached.
View attachment 54258
Thank you for the warning. I also don't know where the scammers get email addresses, and I don't care. Most of all, I'm surprised when such letters come that are absolutely unrelated to my life. For example, I received letters about security allegedly from a bank in which I had never been served in my life. My mail is for work, and I'm very annoyed by such letters because of them I can miss important messages and announcements. I can give you a piece of advice: find safe and fast email checker solutions. They will help you immediately block the sender of unwanted emails and add even the most nondescript emails to spam.

Last edited: