Wanna see my BIG TOOL (rack) ?

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
The High Taxes part of lovely NY, USA
Picked this up for a lot less than half the cost of a new one! Have a LOT of tree work coming up and when I see these I think that having things organized would be a lot nicer than my wooden carry all I have used for years. This one ia a couple year old model - but appears to have never actaully been mounted on a tractor. It's like brand new. I need to invest in about $15 of hardware to fix a few assembly mistakes - but I'm pretty excited. Already like the ability to drop the loaded up rack in the barn and push it out of the way as opposed ot having to unload the carry all every time!

IMG_2200.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Nice score!

Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I've been eyeing those but at the current price point, I'd never pull the trigger. Very nice find! So much nicer than a simple ballast box.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have a neighbor that has one. Keeps tools organized and you don’t have to ever put them away…it’s pricey but it is pretty handy. No loading / unloading before going to back of the property to do work.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Good for you. I don't personally have any use for one, but cool that you do.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have one mounted on my Sherman combo equipped 52 8N, which fu
Picked this up for a lot less than half the cost of a new one! Have a LOT of tree work coming up and when I see these I think that having things organized would be a lot nicer than my wooden carry all I have used for years. This one ia a couple year old model - but appears to have never actaully been mounted on a tractor. It's like brand new. I need to invest in about $15 of hardware to fix a few assembly mistakes - but I'm pretty excited. Already like the ability to drop the loaded up rack in the barn and push it out of the way as opposed ot having to unload the carry all every time!

View attachment 81555
I have one mounted on my 52 Sherman combo equipped 8N, which functions as my quad. It never comes off.

In 2017, I bought a new RTV-X1100C, thinkiing that it would replace my 8N quad, but after 4 years I sold the RTV with about 10 hours as I simply could not find any use for it which I found not better served with the 8N/BTR quad.

No the BTR is not perfect and I kept my old carryall for certain tasks for which it is better suited, but the BTR is handy.

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
I gotta tell you - so far this may just be one of the single most versatile attachments I have ever owned. It’s so much nicer to use than the old wooden carry all I had for taking saw, chains, all the gear with you. Ability to add long hand tools like shovels and rakes is awesome. And dropping it off the quick hitch to store away to put on a cutter or land plane or anything else is great too.
It’s stupid how a box with hooks on it and some wheels is so useful but the Big Tool Rack people did a great job designing a thoughtful and well laid out piece of kit.
Still don’t know that I’d pay current asking price - but if you were on the fence I’d absolutely recommend trolling your local Craigslist and FB marketplace. A used one is a deal!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I gotta tell you - so far this may just be one of the single most versatile attachments I have ever owned. It’s so much nicer to use than the old wooden carry all I had for taking saw, chains, all the gear with you. Ability to add long hand tools like shovels and rakes is awesome. And dropping it off the quick hitch to store away to put on a cutter or land plane or anything else is great too.
It’s stupid how a box with hooks on it and some wheels is so useful but the Big Tool Rack people did a great job designing a thoughtful and well laid out piece of kit.
Still don’t know that I’d pay current asking price - but if you were on the fence I’d absolutely recommend trolling your local Craigslist and FB marketplace. A used one is a deal!
I move lots of rocks, some heavy enough that I must roll them into my old wooden carryall.

Cannot use the BTR for this because the frame is beneath the box preventing the box from lowering near ground level. I kept the old carryall for this reason.

One complaint: The rubber straps that are used to hold tools to the brackets are not UV tolerant and have a very short lifespan.

SDT

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
complaint: The rubber straps that are used to hold tools to the brackets are not UV tolerant and have a very short lifespan.

SDT
I noticed that - was gonna order some new ones when I discovered that - Tim @ Big Tool Rack is super responsive - but I pulled as hard as would ever pull on all of them and while they look like they are going to snap - they hold as of now.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I noticed that - was gonna order some new ones when I discovered that - Tim @ Big Tool Rack is super responsive - but I pulled as hard as would ever pull on all of them and while they look like they are going to snap - they hold as of now.
I bought some new ones a year or so ago and cannot determine any change from the original ones.

Another anomaly: The zerks for the storage leg axles thread into blind holes.

I Informed Tim of this a couple of years ago and wonder if anything has changed.

SDT

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C

View attachment 81555
Very nice tool purchase. OTW, Nathan Elliott, & Mike Morgan, (you tubers) raved about these units for years. Whenever I scan across my winter weather radar I note that Walworth is getting hammered & we get a dusting to a few inches. I remember how enthusiastic you were w/ the 4760.
Now some time has passed, do you feel the same way about that purchase ? . You had that WiFi control for the barn, turned on a block heater or battery charger❓ Did that work out❓Believe you were doing something w/ security cameras❓Well enjoy the summer, the winter are punishing

fishpick

Equipment
BX24 & L4760HSTC
Dec 16, 2017
Very nice tool purchase. OTW, Nathan Elliott, & Mike Morgan, (you tubers) raved about these units for years. Whenever I scan across my winter weather radar I note that Walworth is getting hammered & we get a dusting to a few inches. I remember how enthusiastic you were w/ the 4760.
Now some time has passed, do you feel the same way about that purchase ? . You had that WiFi control for the barn, turned on a block heater or battery charger❓ Did that work out❓Believe you were doing something w/ security cameras❓Well enjoy the summer, the winter are punishing
Realistically, for the last couple of years the L4760 is more tractor than I really need - winters have been mild and there's not been a lot of projects around the property to need such a nice machine. But - it's really nice.
One issue I have struggled with is that it just weighs so much (over 6000#) and rides on ag tires. So - the lawn takes a beating. I considered getting a new set of wheels and tires for it this spring - looked at turfs and R4's and even giant R-14's... but for the price I then started to consider trading the tractor and blower and loader for an LX3310, loader and blower... would have cost nothing to do - and I'd have a smaller, lighter tractor to do all the things I wanted it to do. Not knocking the LX3310... but it's any a Grand L. Took me about 5 minutes of driving one and I was mentally making fun of the cab interior and more so the HST and it's whine. The inside of the L is so nice... and the HST is in another league... so... I came to the conclusion that I could fix a bunch of the challenges with infrastructure instead. SO this year I'm adding a bunch of gravel spaces near the driveway and and barn to make use of the tractor in the spring feasible. I also bought a bunch of grass seed - now when I rip something up in the yard - I throw a hand full of seed on the spot and that's that - I'm happy, wife is happy.

With all that taken care of - I'm now looking to add a set of rear remotes to the tractor for the land plane and the driveway (make life simpler) AND a 3rd function and a grapple to the front... why you ask - well - suddenly, rigth after the whole "should i go down to an LX" question - we started having cottonwoods, willows and dead fro mthe border ash trees fall over galore... and looking around the property - I have a LOT of work over the next few years for managing these trees that are dead / dying / falling... so - now - I have just enough tractor - and lots to do with it!

I decided to look for one of these tool racks after deciding I was keeping the L4760 and my hand fulls of grass seed were proven to work. And I use it a lot more these days. And ues - I have a smart plug in th ebarn - and when I need to blow the driveway - I yurn on the block heater remotely for a few hours and when I get i nthe tractor it is already blowing heat whenI start it... love that!

Reactions: 1 users

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Realistically, for the last couple of years the L4760 is more tractor than I really need - winters have been mild and there's not been a lot of projects around the property to need such a nice machine. But - it's really nice.
One issue I have struggled with is that it just weighs so much (over 6000#) and rides on ag tires. So - the lawn takes a beating. I considered getting a new set of wheels and tires for it this spring - looked at turfs and R4's and even giant R-14's... but for the price I then started to consider trading the tractor and blower and loader for an LX3310, loader and blower... would have cost nothing to do - and I'd have a smaller, lighter tractor to do all the things I wanted it to do. Not knocking the LX3310... but it's any a Grand L. Took me about 5 minutes of driving one and I was mentally making fun of the cab interior and more so the HST and it's whine. The inside of the L is so nice... and the HST is in another league... so... I came to the conclusion that I could fix a bunch of the challenges with infrastructure instead. SO this year I'm adding a bunch of gravel spaces near the driveway and and barn to make use of the tractor in the spring feasible. I also bought a bunch of grass seed - now when I rip something up in the yard - I throw a hand full of seed on the spot and that's that - I'm happy, wife is happy.

With all that taken care of - I'm now looking to add a set of rear remotes to the tractor for the land plane and the driveway (make life simpler) AND a 3rd function and a grapple to the front... why you ask - well - suddenly, rigth after the whole "should i go down to an LX" question - we started having cottonwoods, willows and dead fro mthe border ash trees fall over galore... and looking around the property - I have a LOT of work over the next few years for managing these trees that are dead / dying / falling... so - now - I have just enough tractor - and lots to do with it!

I decided to look for one of these tool racks after deciding I was keeping the L4760 and my hand fulls of grass seed were proven to work. And I use it a lot more these days. And ues - I have a smart plug in th ebarn - and when I need to blow the driveway - I yurn on the block heater remotely for a few hours and when I get i nthe tractor it is already blowing heat whenI start it... love that!
Thanks for the reply, one point I might make, is folks that never experienced all the features of the Grand L, will never miss the luxury when purchasing the base model tractors. The smart plug is a good idea, however I was just grateful for a cab for winter chores. About the time the snow removal is done, the cab is just getting toasty. And as for tree harvesting, Believe you will use all of that size & hp. Be well.