Vibrations while mowing!!!

Bigfoot724

Equipment
L2501, RCF2060, Homemade Grapple
Mar 9, 2021
Oregon PNW
Today I used my landpride rcr2060 mower for the first time. At a idle I engaged the pto and idled up the engine. I immediately felt a vibration, the vibration went away after mowing for a few minutes then returned a few times and smoothed out. Overall I'm happy with the mower I was just wandering if the vibrations are a normal break-in.
Thanks Dustin

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I assume that is what is generically call a shredder. There are two blades that bolts onto a disc (stump jumper). These blades are heavy and pivot on a single bolt. That allows the blades to hit something like a rock and avoid significant damage to the blades.

When you first started the mower one or both of the blades were probably folded in and created unbalance. Once it spins up to speed the blades get into a better balance and smooth out. During actual operation if the blades hit something they will again be unbalanced and cause vibration until they stabilize again. That something can be thick grass, rocks, saplings, logs on the ground...

Being new may have a problem with being a bit sticky and taking longer to balance out.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
It might not be your problem but good practice on new equipment is to recheck all fasteners after the first couple of hours, check oil level and grease accordingly. Do your best to keep the underside clean. Eventually you may want to keep a spare set of blades in stock.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If it’s a “shredder”.... “bush-hog”..... “rotary-cutter” ..... don’t bother keeping extra blades .... and don’t bother spending time sharpening them either.... total waste of time and money..... If, on the other hand you are looking for a lawn-cut/clean-cut appearance on fine grass.... then you should use a finish mower, etc., where fine cutting edges on blades are important.

Vibration:

Blade sharpening/replacement schedule:

Reactions: 1 users

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
The vibration is from the blade folded in, it’ll stop when it extends. Sometimes weeds and grass will jam up the pivot, but it’ll clear itself.
and I don’t care what some gomer on u tube says, I put an edge on my brush hog blades once a year. Imagine running a machine with rounded over blade edges? What a moron.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
I look at it this way, why would a manufacturer provide sharp blades to begin with?

Reactions: 1 user