V1505T Can Injector Pump Be Put Together Wrong?

R.Smith

Equipment
Bandmill with V1505T engine
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
Help? Just wondering if I put the injection pump together wrong? There was one part and I don't know for sure if it was number 5 in the diagram or not but it could go one way or be rotated 180 degrees. I guessed thinking it might not make any difference. But maybe I made a bad guess and that's why the engine over revs and won't shut down unless the fuel is shut off at the tank?

Attachments

Last edited:

arto98607

Equipment
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, JD 440 ICD, JD 300
Aug 24, 2014
Southwest WA State
............................snip....................... But maybe I made a bad guess and that's way the engine over revs and won't shut down unless the fuel is shut off?

I realize your engine had ran away and was over-revving, but that is how Diesel engines are normally stopped.
IE. By turning off the fuel supply.

Did you reinstall the tiny 2 mm diameter pins (Item 31) ?

Last edited:

R.Smith

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
Maybe I said it wrong. Both the shut off solenoid deactivated with the switch and the shut off lever on the pump had no effect. I had to shut off the fuel at the tank. Pin 31. I don't even recall those but it's been several months. Not even sure some of the parts in the diagram are like what I have. Guess I will have to disassemble the thing again.

Last edited:

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Reference #5 shows the barrel and plunger assembly. I am not sure about the barrel but yes the plunger can be installed 180 degrees out. If this is done that injector will receive maximum fuel delivery and can cause the runaway condition. It also may not stop because that plunger scroll will not coincide with the inlet port when turned to the no fuel position. Basically that pump will deliver maximum fuel all the time to that injector.

R.Smith

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
Reference #5 shows the barrel and plunger assembly. I am not sure about the barrel but yes the plunger can be installed 180 degrees out. If this is done that injector will receive maximum fuel delivery and can cause the runaway condition. It also may not stop because that plunger scroll will not coincide with the inlet port when turned to the no fuel position. Basically that pump will deliver maximum fuel all the time to that injector.

R.Smith

Equipment
Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
Thank you everyone who took the time to try to help. Ruger19 - you unfortunately have reinforced the idea that I need to take the injector apart again. But I thank you. I sure wish I'd been smart enough to ask about things "before" I started the engine. I'm crossing my fingers that damage wasn't done to the engine.