Utah - L2501 4WD HST Pricing

borncountry

Oct 8, 2019
Utah
Howdy folks,

Recently starting the research phase of finding a suitable tractor for our property (just under 3 acres). I have done a lot of reading, initially I was leaning towards SCUT's but I have a feeling a CUT would be an overall better choice for my wants/needs. I haven't seen any of these in person yet but leaning towards the Kubota L2501HST.

I have reached out to a couple local Kubota dealers and received pricing from one so far - they have both been slow to reply...

Anyways, here is what was quoted:
Tractor w/loader and bucket 20800
discount 1400
Total after discount 19400

assembly/pdi 250
doc fee 195
tax 1438.76
freight 350
TOTAL OTD PRICE 21633.76

The discounted price seemed pretty decent based on my research but i wasn't sure what was normal for the assembly/pdi, freight, etc...I assume it's like buying a car and some of those could be negotiated?

I have several kubota dealers within 100mile radius so i will be collecting quotes from more over the next month or so.

Additionally, I am trying to take advantage of the L2501 0% for 84 month financing but it only applies to the tractor without loader. So i think they are willing to let me finance 0% @ 84 and then cash for the loader/bucket. Has anyone else done something similar?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Additionally, I am trying to take advantage of the L2501 0% for 84 month financing but it only applies to the tractor without loader.
That seems unusual. Normally the deal is for the tractor, and you can add whatever implements to that deal as you like so long as you buy them at the same time. I'd maybe ask another dealer if the one you're talking to is giving you answers you don't like.

Winginit

Oct 6, 2019
Brooks
Howdy folks,

Recently starting the research phase of finding a suitable tractor for our property (just under 3 acres). I have done a lot of reading, initially I was leaning towards SCUT's but I have a feeling a CUT would be an overall better choice for my wants/needs. I haven't seen any of these in person yet but leaning towards the Kubota L2501HST.

I have reached out to a couple local Kubota dealers and received pricing from one so far - they have both been slow to reply...

Anyways, here is what was quoted:
Tractor w/loader and bucket 20800
discount 1400
Total after discount 19400

assembly/pdi 250
doc fee 195
tax 1438.76
freight 350
TOTAL OTD PRICE 21633.76

The discounted price seemed pretty decent based on my research but i wasn't sure what was normal for the assembly/pdi, freight, etc...I assume it's like buying a car and some of those could be negotiated?

I have several kubota dealers within 100mile radius so i will be collecting quotes from more over the next month or so.

Additionally, I am trying to take advantage of the L2501 0% for 84 month financing but it only applies to the tractor without loader. So i think they are willing to let me finance 0% @ 84 and then cash for the loader/bucket. Has anyone else done something similar?
I just started a thread earlier today on pricing, so you might want to look at it. I would get tires filled to add stability and weight for lifting. I found its best to talk on the phone as that allows you to question pricing and get reasonably quick responses. If you tell them you have a lower price, they will usually find a little more negotiating room after they talk to the boss and call you back. It gives more of an impression of a person who wants to buy rather than someone just out kickin tires. Thats my opinion anyway.

One of the dealers I talked to mentioned that the financing was a gimmick. When we bought my son's 4701 last year we financed $10k and paid it off in about 6 months. When you finance thru Kubota they require you to take out insurance, and the insurance isn't cheap. Never heard that the loader wasn't part of the zero%, but might have been because we gave them such a large downpayment.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
One of the dealers I talked to mentioned that the financing was a gimmick. When we bought my son's 4701 last year we financed $10k and paid it off in about 6 months. When you finance thru Kubota they require you to take out insurance, and the insurance isn't cheap.
There are varied opinions on the financing. There is a school of thought that says the financing comes direct from Kubota (and they finance from Japan at basically zero interest rates). Therefore that you can't get a cash discount instead of the finance - as the dealer is not getting any cut of the financing. If that's true (and I don't know for sure either way) then financing does look like a good deal.

The insurance cost is true, but it depends on what you were otherwise doing for insurance. The KTAC insurance is relatively expensive, but also very good. If you buy new and insure via KTAC, they insure for a large amount of your own stupidity, and will replace the tractor with a new one if you break it. Not many standard insurance policies will do that. Of course, it all comes down to whether you really want pay to insure your own stupidity v's not being stupid, but for a new tractor owner it might be a good bet.

In short, always check the fine print on finance, but with this particular finance it seems that for many people in many situations it's a reasonable deal.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I didn't get the Kubota insurance. I checked with my insurance man and he said the new tractor was covered under my homeowner's policy at no additional charge.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
Do you have dealer links or invoices showing lower prices for the same configuration?
No dealer links since they can***8217;t advertise prices like that. Check any dealers in north Alabama or north Georgia for lower pricing but you are a long way away. There is a recent post on here getting same configuration from a dealer in KY about $1,000 less than your quote. Here they have been almost $2000 less

Last edited:

Eray

Equipment
L2501 HST
Feb 24, 2015
Lenoir City, Tennessee
I bought a new L2501HST with SSQA loader about 2 months ago. Got R-4 tires with fluid in back, telescoping stabilizer bars and a landpride 5 ft finish mower. $19,800 before taxes. Price was with 60 month 0%, so cash would be $500 less.

borncountry

Oct 8, 2019
Utah
No dealer links since they can***8217;t advertise prices like that. Check any dealers in north Alabama or north Georgia for lower pricing but you are a long way away. There is a recent post on here getting same configuration from a dealer in KY about $1,000 less than your quote. Here they have been almost $2000 less
If you think about it...it makes sense that a Kubota could/should be cheaper in the Georgia area since that's where the headquarters is at...a good portion of assembly or manufacturing happens there...

Then if you consider freight costs per mile, and I am around 2000 miles away from "Kubota Georgia," a fully loaded hauler would have to pack as much equipment as they can on it to spread the cost of shipping out.

I think the trick to finding a great deal in my area will be to find a dealer that moves a lot of equipment - bulk orders since that's the only way they can spread the freight cost out.

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Don't know where in Utah you are or anything about this dealer, but we noticed Hermansen's Equipment in Ephraim last year when we were on a weekend trip there. They had LOTS of Kubotas!