Using Forks

RCtoywizard

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 27, 2009
Groton NH
www.twwrc.homestead.com
I use my 48" forks for picking up machines. The video shows me using the 36" forks...lazy day.
I use my 36 " forks for pulling stumps normally so I don;t ruin my 48s.

the bucket works great but digs up everything surrounding.

The fork extensions(60") I have slip over the 36" or the 48' and work great for loading fire wood logs onto.

I do find that my lifting force..I pick up or try to ..rocks that weigh over 3,000 lbs and up...is limited.
I find that I max out any piece of equipment fairly quickly as my projects go forward. lol

I feel that my machine could lift more than it does and the bypass in the hydraulics limit me as a safety to my madness. lol

I wish I could adjust it up "just a little" but then again,,, we all need our limits.
I guess.

This part of the state of NH just grows friggen rocks anyway but someone has to move them to make lawn. lol

I love this machine. Its the only business -payment I have and totaly worth it.

After a one year anniversary 6/13/08, and 180 hours, I get into the cab and it still smells like new.

Sorry to go on but..........kubota rules.

Hey, I use to own a Harley, so I know what rules. lol

thanks for listening.

Reactions: 1 user

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Great to know your enjoying your Kubota. There very handy to have around that's for sure. I would have went with forks for my bota but I had purchased an old Toyota forklift before I thought of getting a new tractor so I restored the forklift (see link).

We also have a lot of rocks here in Newfoundland. There's so many rocks they call this place "The rock". I also like the "M" series tractors. I went with the Grand "L" cab with HST because I'm useing mine strickly for snow clearing and put 102 hours on it this past winter. I own 8 Honda bikes (you know they rule:D) but I enjoy the tractor even more than the bikes. I can't wait for winter to get back in the tractor.

Would like to see some pics of your setup. Keep on enjoying your tractor and be safe!

http://www.forkliftaction.com/news/newsdisplay.aspx?nwid=7183

sgrol

Apr 16, 2009
Magnolia, Tx
I love my forks. I recently had to rebuild a small generator and put it on a pallet and lifted it up about 3 feet preventing me from working on the ground and bending over. Made a great work table. Then, after got it working, I lifted it up into my truck. With the forks, of course.

Hari.K

Equipment
06L39tlb, 57Ford640, 49CatD4
Jun 17, 2009
St Croix NB Canada
Always wondered what I could ever use forks for.
You guys have convinced me, very useful addition.

Hari.K

sgrol

Apr 16, 2009
Magnolia, Tx
Always wondered what I could ever use forks for.
You guys have convinced me, very useful addition.

Hari.K
I swap back and forth between my bucket and forks so much that I installed an electric actuator to raise and lower my quick connect locks. Now I don't even have to get off of the tractor to swap front implements. My wife says I am lazy and I told her it was a needed safety feature.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
"needed safety feature". I like that. I told my wife we "needed" a new building to keep the tractor and it's implements inside for protection, last longer. She went for it. he he!!

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
After building the forks for my BX (as small of a tractor as it is) I now can't imagine getting by without it for what we do on our acreage. While it'll only lift 500 lb or so it is still more than I can lift myself. Empty water totes, brush piles, stacks of pallets, it's so much easier now. It's certainly not as strong as the larger machines, but it works for our purposes.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254

As for convincing wives of things, I must be the most blessed man around - my wife actually encouraged me to buy the tractor, buy attachments for it (as our bank account allows), build the forks and she's been asking when I'm going to get around to building the tractor its shed! (Although I think the shed part has to do with her wanting to be able to use the carport cover-all again - currently my little BX is occupying her spot!):D

I'm going to use lefotver pallets from work to build the shed (hence the stacks of pallets to move around); when I get going on it (hopefully in the next few weeks) there'll be pictures.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
gmtinker, we are both lucky men. I had a co build the 20 by 40 metal building but I designed and built the doors my self with the HELP of my wife. But, she's already started moveing some of her garden stuff into it. Guess that's why she agreed to buying it.

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
My forks came with the tractor and I sat them off to the side thinking what am I going to use these for? Was I ever wrong! I use mine primarily for moving logs around and stacking them for cutting firewood. I've also moved appliances, wood stoves and picked my plow up from a delivery truck that could not come down our driveway. Very glad to have them.

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
My forks came with the tractor and I sat them off to the side thinking what am I going to use these for? Was I ever wrong! I use mine primarily for moving logs around and stacking them for cutting firewood. I've also moved appliances, wood stoves and picked my plow up from a delivery truck that could not come down our driveway. Very glad to have them.
Do you realize you replied to a 13 year old thread????? It’s been dead for 13 years

Reactions: 1 users

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
Njtool, nbryan and Dcguinn,

If old threads were irrelevant, why not delete them? Do your snide comments add substance to the existing thread? My honest and sincere observations were added because I thought the forks that came with my tractor were usless. Much to my surprise, they were not. I hope anyone in the future that reads the thread will beneifit from the comments that were added. I thought that was the reason people contributed. Perhaps someone will find substance in your contributions as well.

Reactions: 3 users

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN

If old threads were irrelevant, why not delete them? Do your snide comments add substance to the existing thread? My honest and sincere observations were added because I thought the forks that came with my tractor were usless. Much to my surprise, they were not. I hope anyone in the future that reads the thread will beneifit from the comments that were added. I thought that was the reason people contributed. Perhaps someone will find substance in your contributions as well.
Do you also realize you also replied to a 62 year old person? Agree totally with 2manybikes

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada

Just trying to contribute a little humor, no need to shake me down here.

I've also tried to contribute over time to a number of long-silent threads that myself or another member felt like adding to. The details and experiences are mostly just as relevant many years later, and I have missed the posts dates completely when commenting.

Sorry about ruffling feathers a bit, but sheesh. Lighten up a bit, too.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hay, what's old is new again !!!

Sometimes it good to keep a topic 'alive'.....
I'm betting not too many got 'how-to-use-your-new-tractor-and-implements' training from the dealer they just forked over 1,000s of hard earned greenbacks .