Used or new BX 1880, older 2360, or just wait

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Good choice with the 2380, I would definitely get a rear blade to boot! I mainly use the rear blade other than when using FEL to get rid of excess snow. Your other choices now will be tires.. I have the r4s and they work very well for me since I do not mow with it. Mud may be a different story although they done a good job when filling my repaired septic system back in.. pretty muddy!

Also yeah.. not many opportunities for used mmm decks but their out there if you keep a good eye out. I've come across two of them.. $1500 for each at two different times.. like new! Wasn't looking for one at the time but now I'm wishing I would have grabbed one for the price., just in case!

Look in on that 3rd function.. wish I had known about it at time of purchase.

eastvt

Equipment
BX1880
Sep 13, 2021
Vermont
I asked about the 3rd function while I was signing the paperwork to buy my 1880 and the salesman was : "nah."
He was not very enthusiastic overall as a salesman and in the end he complained that they are selling so many more tractors than ever before, and all the paperwork.

The deed is done. It's an 1880 with the fancier bucket and mower deck. I was looking at the motor specs and I see it is basically the very same motor that is on my GF1800, which I've had for about 20 years now. The GF1800 was such a huge power (torque) upgrade from all the small riding mowers I had owned before, it was mind blowing. The torque of a diesel make so much difference over a small gas engine -- and that GF 1800 was beat up when I got it (it is in better shape now!), and it has outlasted anything.

Chains and loaded turf tires included with the incoming tractor.

My biggest future quandary is where to take off and what to do with the mower deck over the winter. Once I sell the GF1800 I'll have room for the mower deck in the garage. Idk, maybe I kick the GF 1800 out of the garage for the winter and tie down a new tarp over it.. I don't think I'll try to sell that old tractor until next spring.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I asked about the 3rd function while I was signing the paperwork to buy my 1880 and the salesman was : "nah."
He was not very enthusiastic overall as a salesman and in the end he complained that they are selling so many more tractors than ever before, and all the paperwork.

The deed is done. It's an 1880 with the fancier bucket and mower deck. I was looking at the motor specs and I see it is basically the very same motor that is on my GF1800, which I've had for about 20 years now. The GF1800 was such a huge power (torque) upgrade from all the small riding mowers I had owned before, it was mind blowing. The torque of a diesel make so much difference over a small gas engine -- and that GF 1800 was beat up when I got it (it is in better shape now!), and it has outlasted anything.

My biggest future quandary is where to take off and what to do with the mower deck over the winter. Once I sell the GF1800 I'll have room for the mower deck in the garage. Idk, maybe I kick the GF 1800 out of the garage for the winter and tie down a new tarp over it.. I don't think I'll try to sell that old tractor until next spring.

Early Spring is definitely the very best time to sell a used tractor.
Next Spring should be great!

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada

Congrats!!!

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I think that you will enjoy your tractor. I don't think that you need to hurry to remove the mower, unless it is too wide for storage or if it gets in the way when clearing snow. I have the 48 in. MMM and I never take it off, whether I am using the grapple or the bucket. With the MMM all the way up you have about 6 in. of ground clearance unlike the JD tractors that have less. It is also like additional ballast to make the tractor more stable.
As far as the third function goes, the factory setup uses a diverter valve with a button that while depressed, switches the bucket curl/dump function for the third function (ie. grapple open/close).
I have the Land Pride Third function valve installed by the dealer at the time of purchase. It came together with the LP 48 in. grapple. In your case it would be the 54 in. grapple for the SSQA:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
congrats estvt. did they give you an ETA?

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Sounds like you're all set.. congrats!
I don't have a deck on this tractor but my old 2005 B7510 was a breeze to take off and on the deck so I'm sure their only easier now. Could you maybe store it upright against the wall somewhere.. use your bucket and chain to place it and then secure it.