Upgrading lights on M62 TLB

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Hi Everyone, in case there is any interest I will post my "mini" project here.

The goal is to replace the standard work lights on the M62 with LEDs and add some additional.

To give you some reference, here is the before picture.

I am replacing the forward and rear facing lights with these:

I am also adding side lights to both the front and rear (notice 2 bolt holes to the right of the light in the screenshot). These are on all 4 sides. There are 4 lights here total. Hoping I dont bang or knock them off! Link for these here.

The Kubota TLBs are already wired for 2 work lights in each corner of the canopy. So 8 total. Mine came with 4 only, so I am adding 4 new lights. All are on 1 switch, which for now I will keep the same. We will see how it goes. I decide against a light bar because the lights come under the canopy and I dont want to obstruct my view much. I may change my mind later! Wish me luck, I will most more pictures once I get the lights and start the install. Learn by doing!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Tractors have been effectively moving snow for 50 years +.
The earliest versions w/ 2WD and chains. + OEM lighting, some @ 6 volts !!!!

Now, suddenly NO task can be attempted w/o duplication of artificial sunlight.

To be honest the demand for all this supplemental lighting stems from BIG little boys , their toys and surplus disposable income.

"But you don't understand, I must see a quarter mile down the driveway while traveling at a blistering 5 mph or less".

OK, now I get it, boys and toys.........

How many commercial truck plows operate w/ just the two plow frame mounted headlamps, some moving at a fast pace ??????

How can this be done less thousands of Supplemental LED Lumens casting artificial sunlight, ???? Because toys and business models are incompatible.

EDIT:

Safety, OK, Thought is was akin to the other member w/ passionate desire to light up his garage for $3K.
I see snowmobiles flying across my fields @ 70 mph.+ I should post some SAFETY fliers suggesting they go home and mount some SAFETY lighting.

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL

To be honest the demand for all this supplemental lighting stems from BIG little boys , their toys and surplus disposable income.

"But you don't understand, I must see a quarter mile down the driveway while traveling at a blistering 5 mph or less".

How many commercial truck plows operate w/ just the two plow frame mounted headlamps, some moving at a fast pace ??????

How can this be done less thousands of Supplemental LED Lumens casting artificial sunlight, ???? Because toys and business models are incompatible.
Give us a break! We ALL know it is for SAFETY.

Just because we made it with the old headlights most of the time, doesn't mean we have to "stay in the dark" now!

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

EDIT:

Safety, OK, Thought is was akin to the other member w/ passionate desire to light up his garage for $3K.
I see snowmobiles flying across my fields @ 70 mph.+ I should post some SAFETY fliers suggesting they go home and mount some SAFETY lighting.
The TLBs do come with an optional work light kit adding 4 lights to the standard config. I am simply adding my own work lights, so this tractor will have the same # of lights as one you can get stock. That said, to me it is about efficiency. Halogens are very inefficient and power hungry. My manual even states if you have all halogen lights running (with work lights) you should be above 2200 rpms all time. That is ridiculous. With LEDs, it wont be an issue. Yes I know it should be running at 2200 all the time anyway, but we can all agree halogens really should not be used in most lights anymore. Not to mention but the Kubota halogens are $160 for 2. I am getting LEDs for $14 per 2.

I mainly want these work lights so I can point them to the side. We turn all the time in tractors and seeing where we are turning just seems smart to me. At my property the sun goes down behind a large ridge so we have even less sunlight that flat land.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

EDIT:

What's your point?

JenniferKubotaM62

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M62 TLB, Bobcat HD Grapple, Bobcat Auger, Skeleton Bucket, Forks, WB Ripper
Nov 14, 2019
Arizona
www.jenniferbond.com
Hi Everyone, in case there is any interest I will post my "mini" project here.

The goal is to replace the standard work lights on the M62 with LEDs and add some additional.

To give you some reference, here is the before picture.

I am replacing the forward and rear facing lights with these:

I am also adding side lights to both the front and rear (notice 2 bolt holes to the right of the light in the screenshot). These are on all 4 sides. There are 4 lights here total. Hoping I dont bang or knock them off! Link for these here.

The Kubota TLBs are already wired for 2 work lights in each corner of the canopy. So 8 total. Mine came with 4 only, so I am adding 4 new lights. All are on 1 switch, which for now I will keep the same. We will see how it goes. I decide against a light bar because the lights come under the canopy and I dont want to obstruct my view much. I may change my mind later! Wish me luck, I will most more pictures once I get the lights and start the install. Learn by doing!
Please don’t let Majorwanker’s zero value—add and sarcastic post discourage your intended sharing of how the job went. I have an M62 as well and am looking to add lights, how did the job turn out, any pics you can share? Did you buy OEM brackets (shown below) to mount to the tabs on the ROPS or did you just use the brackets that came with the lights? Did you wire the extra lights to the second position on the headlight switch or all on the main position?

Jennifer

1698379969237.png

Last edited: