up grade to high amp alternator

doc harper

Equipment
kubota L245dt
Oct 31, 2021
mancos, colorado
i have a L245dt kubota and im running a 12volt power steering pump that requires close to 40amps to operated right. the pump is from a volvo xc 40. has anyone every put an automotive type alternator with built in regulator. i know about the small gm type one wire but would like to put one on that has switched wire to energize altenator. i thinking something at least 60 amps

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I put the GM 'CS130' into 4 of my tractors, 2 have 'idiot lights' 2 just a resistor. All work fine for past 10-15 years.
You may want to check pulley size and confirm alt. rpm, though you should be fine.

Kubotaed

Oct 8, 2016
Traverse City
i have a L245dt kubota and im running a 12volt power steering pump that requires close to 40amps to operated right. the pump is from a volvo xc 40. has anyone every put an automotive type alternator with built in regulator. i know about the small gm type one wire but would like to put one on that has switched wire to energize altenator. i thinking something at least 60 amps
Could you please share pictures of your power steering setup?

doc harper

Equipment
kubota L245dt
Oct 31, 2021
mancos, colorado
Could you please share pictures of your power steering setup?
give me a couple of days and i will try and send you pics. don't know if i can on this site but will try. may need to text to your phone if i can't get them to on this site. (mod edit # removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I used an electric power steering from a saturn vue on my 8N. I ordered one of those Bruno kits on Ebay to control it. I have a GM 1 wire alternator on it I think is 63 amp I put on years before when i changed to 12 volt and electronic ignition points. They work pretty good, (sorry no way to get good pictures) but I cut a lot of the dash apart and the steering column so it isn't any restored show tractor but so much better on my arthritic shoulders.

Bill