Understock plow blade, weed burner build

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, been postponing this build for some time now, what better time to do it than world this lockdown time, something positive :)

I bought a used Clemens Radius blade, bare tool. Thisnis used to cut an inch or two under ground and pull the soil/weed, it opens the soil a bit and it kills the weed. Used mostly in vineyards but also in other orchards...

New Clemens Radius costs 6000+ euros.

I am trying to build the implement fit my little b2410 Kubota to use the blade but also, remove the blade and add a burner in it***8217;s place to run the weed burner in it***8217;s place utilizing the touch hydro valve...

I will try to update photos/vids if any interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
hello Tunin,

Congrats!

Nice build, very good idea!

When time allows a bright man can achieve a lot!

Regards

Robert

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Thank you mate, it is raining now, I hope it works, will be testing it after the weekend. :)

Finished version one last night, uploaded a new video, link attached...

Video

hello Tunin,

Congrats!

Nice build, very good idea!

When time allows a bright man can achieve a lot!

Regards

Robert

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
just a quick update guys, finished the blade part and the hydraulics tidy-up... the blade works great...

I‘m working on a vertical tiller to disrupt the soil after the blade goes under and cuts it... I bought a small hydro motor as my tractor has a modest flow rate... cleaned it, restored what had to be restored... and painted it... :)

I want to try and mount the motor on the same axis with an upper hand/holder so the tiller is 5-10 cm behind the blade... deep enough not to bog down but deep enough to cut through...

i anna use old vertical tines from a rotary tiller.

any ideas or inputs are well appreciated

Attachments

Last edited:

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
hi guys,
,not sure if anyone is interested but I figured if there is a crazy head like my seld out ther that is building something like this, any info can help... here is a video of the blade in action, I have been testing it over thte past two days and I must say I surprised my self ☺😂.

it is working like a charm, it will save us so much time and energy...

one thing I regret and I was going back and fort when I started was to build it for the front lift, I sort-off wish I went that way... I was convinced by many “spectators to go to the back three point hitch... in any case, it is working great but it could have been better up front.

A photo and a video or two;

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
So you have to display a license plat eon your tractor? Do yoh have to pay a yearly fee for the validation sticker too?

Reactions: 1 users

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
So you have to display a license plat eon your tractor? Do yoh have to pay a yearly fee for the validation sticker too?
This state where I live is uspide down, yes, plate and insurance, no Sticker.

I imported this tractor from Germany, i had to payfull duties 56%, compare that with when one imports a luxury car, they only pay 16% tax. 😊😢

• Wow

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
This state where I live is uspide down, yes, plate and insurance, no Sticker.

I imported this tractor from Germany, i had to payfull duties 56%, compare that with when one imports a luxury car, they only pay 16% tax. 😊😢
Some more pics after finishing the welding, painting and using the blade.

Attachments

Last edited:

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, mate some accessories for the Clemens Radius blade, to test the soil agitation and grass/ weed removal.

Originally wanted to buy a few of the original accessories from Clemes Germany, for this blade, I could not believe it, calculated that the cost is actually more expensive per gram than gold, serieousley, 12-14 euros per gram Based on the prices I god from their distributors and online vendors.

No wonder Clemens Germany does not publicize their prices for spare parts. It is just crazy. for example, this is not their part, this is an off-brand tail for hte blade 46 euros + shipping, about 100 grams Of soft steel, made one for 2 euros. the dealer quoted me 80,- euros plus shipping.

Or this part, the delaer quoted me 120 plust shipping, 20x10 cm of steel, about 130 grams, this is an off brand price

Anyhow, I made a few of my own variations of their gold accessories and a few of my own ideas, I could not believe it my self but the ones I came up with, worked the best for me. They totaled at 5 euros. 😂.

I can take photos of these variations if anyone is interested?

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Some videos/photos of this weeks working the vineyards with my variations of these small accessories:

Hi guys, mate some accessories for the Clemens Radius blade, to test the soil agitation and grass/ weed removal.

Originally wanted to buy a few of the original accessories from Clemes Germany, for this blade, I could not believe it, calculated that the cost is actually more expensive per gram than gold, serieousley, 12-14 euros per gram Based on the prices I god from their distributors and online vendors.

No wonder Clemens Germany does not publicize their prices for spare parts. It is just crazy. for example, this is not their part, this is an off-brand tail for hte blade 46 euros + shipping, about 100 grams Of soft steel, made one for 2 euros. the dealer quoted me 80,- euros plus shipping.

Or this part, the delaer quoted me 120 plust shipping, 20x10 cm of steel, about 130 grams, this is an off brand price

Anyhow, I made a few of my own variations of their gold accessories and a few of my own ideas, I could not believe it my self but the ones I came up with, worked the best for me. They totaled at 5 euros. 😂.

I can take photos of these variations if anyone is interested?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Excuse an ignorant question, I know nothing about raising grapes or whatever those vines are, but puzzled that weeding that way doesn't damage their feeder roots???

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Excuse an ignorant question, I know nothing about raising grapes or whatever those vines are, but puzzled that weeding that way doesn't damage their feeder roots???
No question is ignorant. The roots are quite deep on vineys, they go several meters down and the same sideways. i usually set the blade 5-10 cm to just undercut the roots of the grass/weed And move it a bit, you come back a day later, all dried up and down. :)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
No question is ignorant. The roots are quite deep on vineys, they go several meters down and the same sideways. i usually set the blade 5-10 cm to just undercut the roots of the grass/weed And move it a bit, you come back a day later, all dried up and down. :)
Thank you, it is an amazing way to weed! I ask because I found out to my surprise that you can damage tree roots by edging a flower bed with a 4 inch trench. Good thing vines have such deep roots to live so many years in sometimes dry places.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
saw a guy on the TV,build a homemade steamgenny to kill weeds from his grapes. seemed to do a very good job. a real 'Rube Goldberg' machine but....a nessessity as he had 100 acres to deal with.....

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
saw a guy on the TV,build a homemade steamgenny to kill weeds from his grapes. seemed to do a very good job. a real 'Rube Goldberg' machine but....a nessessity as he had 100 acres to deal with.....
i am working on a flamer based on this under stock blade carrier, this is my thread:

i was looking in to the steam option but requires more room, my vineyards are narrow and small, so had to adopt tthe best I can.

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Has anyone had luck using this type of block cooling fans to reduce the heat of the oil a bit, thinking of installing one to stay on the safe side of temps.

Asa Hydraulik

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, not sure if there is any interest in this I am just upgrading as i do different things hoping someone would benefit from the info and learn on my errors. :)

i serviced my B2410, changed the Hydrostatic/hydraulics oil, filters, engine oil, axel bushings, seals and oil, cleaning up the frame, painting... been crazy busy before I need to till my vineyards again, after the rain stops.

Wanted to replace the oil radiator due to some rust, 273,- euros for 1.3 meters of pipe, I cleaned this one and painted it for now, I will make a stainless steel or copper version of it my self soon.

Anyhow, been thinking of making a mount for the front for my under stock how, blade runner, had some time today and made it, working on moving remote hydraulics, second set up front to be able to test it before final welds, grinding and painting... some pics below.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That is pretty cool, I for one would love to see it in action,, ya done pretty good, yes sir pretty good indeed!