tyres full of cracks...

bernierao

Equipment
KUBOTA B7001
Jan 8, 2011
Portugal
Hi Everybody,

I just bought a B7001 Kubota to restore but the front tyres are flat and have cracks everywhere. I don't think the cracks go all the way through the tyre rubber... It's a shame because they still had a lot of life left in them. So my question is - Would it be ok just to replace the inner tubes and use the tyres like that?

Is there anyway I could mask the cracks using some kind of tyre cement?

Thanks in advance!

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
being that you are going to restore go but some front tires for that size tire they couldnt be that costly.i dont think there is a product that could mask cracks in the sidewall.tires crack because they loose the oil that was used in the compound has dried.if they are on the front there is a lot of bind on them when turning.

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
I think I am going to use Black RTV sealant in the cracks and use a bondo putty scraper to smooth out the job.
I am like you, too much tread to replace, but HATE the look of the cracks.
KC

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
My dad ran over a garden hoe last summer and sliced his front tire 2 1/2 inch. Put a new tube in it with a internal boot,but when we aired it up, the tire opened up. Filled the hole up with black rtv. Still in there. Still holding air.

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
I don't know if it is available in Portugal or not, but 30 years ago in the U.S. there was a product called "tire paint" that was used a lot on gently used tires to make them look new. It was a very thick black covering that took forever to dry. It seemed to cover or fill in small cracks pretty well.

Robert