Two questions for the brain trust here.

Bountyhunter

Oct 13, 2019
Alberta
B6100 4x4. What kind of trouble am I asking for by spacing out my wheels? We are gardening in 30" beds and I would love to be able to have the tractor straddle these beds. #2-- has anyone "made" a coupler for the front of the crankshaft? I believe it is a 22 spline 19mm shaft. I was having a thought of using a short length of #12 hydraulic hose to connect either a power steering pump if I can find one that rotates the right way or a hydraulic pump to add power steering. Thank you for your time

H

Reactions: 1 user

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
How much of a spacer do you need? There have been several people ask the same question. One guy was trying for spacers and another was wanting a "custom" sized wheel to get the spacing that he needed. I suggested that he have steel wheels made that could be both narrow and the same diameter to achieve the lead lag time needed with the 4 x 4 to prevent problems.

If you google for steel wheels they are hard to find but there are people who make them for the Mennonites who can not use air filled tires on their tractors.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
More then likely the hose will not last very long as a link for the engine to pump connection. In this thread they speak of hooking a generator to the engine but the coupling might work for your application.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On these models you should NEVER space out the front wheels, it puts a tremendous force on the front axle pivot points, and wear and failure is rather costly with these models, as parts are getting harder and harder to find.
As par as PS goes, that's also a deep issue to jump into, just finding an adaptable PS setup is quite the chore.
You might be able to find the splined adapter for the crank, but those too are getting very difficult to acquire.