Turnbuckles trashed, new sway bars

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Well, those pesky turnbuckles are no more. Over the years they have been a constant irritation, and have been bent, otherwise damaged, then fixed, only to have it happen again. Here is my solution, and seems to work much better swaybar1.jpg swaybar2.jpg swaybar3.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I fitted the telescopic stabilizing bars on my L3200 and L3901, best modification possible for the tractors. They Are a must have, makes hitching up so much easier.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Nice work.
I built a set for my BX before I had a chance to bend the turnbuckles. They were such a pain to fumble with.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nice work. The only suggestion I might make would be little "keeper" chains to keep from losing the pins, ala Hodge Stabilworks.
whiteoutcopy.jpg

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Well, those pesky turnbuckles are no more. Over the years they have been a constant irritation, and have been bent, otherwise damaged, then fixed, only to have it happen again. Here is my solution, and seems to work much better View attachment 48835 View attachment 48836 View attachment 48837
I had ordered a set of those last Fall for my 3901. Unfortunately, with the Blower attached, they would rub on the insides of my tires. Try as I may, every configuration I attempted failed to remove this aspect. The Blower is a 3PT Kubota BLMX 3164. After the third storm, I decided to go back to the turnbuckles. The bars were really chewing up my back tires. Wish they would have worked better for me. I do have the Turfs on the tractor, don't know if that makes any difference, as those bars shouldn't even be coming close to the tires. Anyway, just my 5 cents worth. Glad for you that they worked out. Mine are reduced to paper weights pretty much.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
I had ordered a set of those last Fall for my 3901. Unfortunately, with the Blower attached, they would rub on the insides of my tires. Try as I may, every configuration I attempted failed to remove this aspect. The Blower is a 3PT Kubota BLMX 3164. After the third storm, I decided to go back to the turnbuckles. The bars were really chewing up my back tires. Wish they would have worked better for me. I do have the Turfs on the tractor, don't know if that makes any difference, as those bars shouldn't even be coming close to the tires. Anyway, just my 5 cents worth. Glad for you that they worked out. Mine are reduced to paper weights pretty much.
Looking at your pictures, i see why it works for you. Yours mount on the inside of the lift arms. Mine mount on the outside. Not enough room. Messicks told me they would work, but they are a no go.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Would they work if you had wheel spacers? Amazon has wheel spacers very reasonable prices.