Turf tires on LX2610/B2650

Thetractorincident

Aug 30, 2022
Canada
Hi folks. Great forum! I’m a long time reader but new member. I posted on the buying advice forum but thought the question might get noticed here too.

I’m close to purchasing a new LX2610 open station model which I’ll be fitting with turfs. Height is tight in my garage. I’ve measured the units at my dealer, which all have R14s and the tractor fits with the R14s but barely. I’ll have minimal clearance to the top of the ROPS.

My dealer will be installing turfs before delivery. I have no way of knowing for sure the height until I get delivery. The Kubota site specs height assuming R1s so that’s no help unfortunately.

Height wise I’ve heard that the LX2610 with turfs actually sits slightly lower to the top of the ROPS which would be ideal. Any truth to this? If anyone here has an LX2610 or B2650 with turfs and can give me a real world measurement even better!

This is with the standard tires, not the larger optional ones.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
You do know that the rops tilt.
There are 3 different slots

Straight up
3/4s
Half way down.
Up all the way will not fit past the garage door header.

3/4s fits just fine.

My 2610 has r4s.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I have a 2650 with turfs. I'll try to find time after work today to measure to the top of the rops. I've never measured since mine rolls right into the mancave with room to spare.

Thetractorincident

Aug 30, 2022
Canada
Thanks yes with ROPS halfway down the LX2610 will fit just fine. At 3/4 I’ll just clear the door but barely. Fully up I won’t fit at all.

I’d rather not have to fold the ROPS every time I go in and out. I’m hoping that with turfs I’ll still fit at 3/4.

If I went to a B2601 I’d fit fine in my garage. But my dealer is giving very good discounts on the LX vs the B. It’s only around $1000 more to go up to the LX2610 as opposed to the B2601. So I’m having a hard time passing on the LX even though it’s a bit big for my needs and ROPS doesn’t fit at full up position.