transmission oil capacity for kubota L245dt

doc harper

Equipment
kubota L245dt
Oct 31, 2021
mancos, colorado
i have a kubota L245dt tractor and would like to know how many quarts of fluid go in the transmission. i have kubota ud oil. it says 20qts in a book i have and it says 26qts in another web site. what be correct. i also have an allied front end loader on it if that makes a difference.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would add 15 q or so .......... check the dipstick, sightglass and continue to add until the level is reached.

TOO many people empty the system then REFILL will what is documented ....... and find that it is way too full.

ONCE you get to the "correct" level - run it and then recheck the levels.

1648493410907.png

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Quantities specified are for the tractor only completely empty, as immediately after manufacture. A loader will increase the required amount of fluid by a bit - how much depends on the loader. Since it is not possible to completely drain the system you will never put in the specified amount of fluid. The actual amount required will probably be over five gallons or twenty quarts but not a lot over, perhaps as much as twenty four to thirty quarts. It will be add and check until you know your tractor better.

doc harper

Equipment
kubota L245dt
Oct 31, 2021
mancos, colorado
Quantities specified are for the tractor only completely empty, as immediately after manufacture. A loader will increase the required amount of fluid by a bit - how much depends on the loader. Since it is not possible to completely drain the system you will never put in the specified amount of fluid. The actual amount required will probably be over five gallons or twenty quarts but not a lot over, perhaps as much as twenty four to thirty quarts. It will be add and check until you know your tractor better.
do i have the tractor running when i remove the level plug on the transmission