Trailer for Kubota BX23S

olekid

Equipment
B7510,loader, Curtis heated cab, loaded tires snowblower,grader blade,snow plow
Apr 9, 2013
Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
Greetings folks, could I get some advice on getting a trailer for a BX23S with loader and backhoe. I know tandem is advisable with electric brakes, what size should I get? Thanks

Last edited:

bdh1966

Feb 14, 2019
Johnstown
I have an 18' dovetail with a gate and it works great for my needs. Mine was a leftover and I picked it up for about $2700 if memory serves me correctly. If you can find one with spring assist on the gate, trust me, get that one as your back will thank you after a long day. I also put airbags on the truck's suspension and it made a huge difference in towing. Hope it helps!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Greetings folks, could I get some advice on getting a trailer for a BX23S with loader and backhoe. I know tandem is advisable with electric brakes, what size should I get? Thanks

There is

I didn’t go back through this thread to see about bx23s but has many pics of various models on various trailers

Tell us what you are towing the trailer with too

Reactions: 1 user

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I have an 18 ft car hauler for my BX24 and it’s the perfect size. You’ll definitely need and want trailer brakes.
0CF6FED1-ED4C-4737-ADB7-C995C8B60049.jpeg
AA4F10EE-5D7A-4B04-9970-E46DD8377BAB.jpeg

olekid

Equipment
Apr 9, 2013
There is

I didn’t go back through this thread to see about bx23s but has many pics of various models on various trailers

Tell us what you are towing the trailer with too
Greetings, A Ford Edge, 99.9% of the time it will be between my son place and mine which is about 5 miles, paved road and the speed zone is 40 mph

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
isnt an edge rated for like 2000 pounds?
That trailer thread on this forum has to be one of my favorite threads of all time. So much cool stuff in that thread, and I have learned a lot from it too.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Greetings, A Ford Edge, 99.9% of the time it will be between my son place and mine which is about 5 miles, paved road and the speed zone is 40 mph

Wasn’t the the tow vehicle I was expecting you to say 😬. Not knowing what year/powertrain/tow package you have on the edge there is still no way I would recommend towing a tractor (even a Bx23s) with it. Max tow with a properly equipped edge is 3-3500 lbs and I would think thats pretty generous. You also mentioned electric trailer brakes. You will have to figure out how to wire a brake controller into it.

And you say 99.99% its just going 5 miles down the road, but there is still that .01% you will take it somewhere else?

olekid

Equipment
Apr 9, 2013
Wasn’t the the tow vehicle I was expecting you to say 😬. Not knowing what year/powertrain/tow package you have on the edge there is still no way I would recommend towing a tractor (even a Bx23s) with it. Max tow with a properly equipped edge is 3-3500 lbs and I would think thats pretty generous. You also mentioned electric trailer brakes. You will have to figure out how to wire a brake controller into it.

And you say 99.99% its just going 5 miles down the road, but there is still that .01% you will take it somewhere else?
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the advice, I see that it is not a good idea to pull it with the Edge. Have to forget about that idea.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the advice, I see that it is not a good idea to pull it with the Edge. Have to forget about that idea.

Could you just drive the tractor to your sons? Not knowing your area but you said its a 40 mph zone. I didn’t do much digging into it but the bx will run about 8 mph? (See your in canada so around 13 kmh?) would be a little less then a hour ride. Whats the traffic like on that road. Would roading it be an option for you?