Tractor Insurance?

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I sent in the last payment on the Cabota last month (Wheeeee!) so the insurance policy that was part of the 0/60 deal has expired.

Kubota sent me a quote to continue the policy and I need to decide whether to take advantage of it or not. $441 per year for what seems (on paper at least) to be pretty decent coverage. $250 deductible.

How many here keep an insurance policy on their non-commercial use tractor? This is coverage for damage to the machine, NOT liability.

Has anyone submitted a claim?

If so, how did that go?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I sent in the last payment on the Cabota last month (Wheeeee!) so the insurance policy that was part of the 0/60 deal has expired.

Kubota sent me a quote to continue the policy and I need to decide whether to take advantage of it or not. $441 per year for what seems (on paper at least) to be pretty decent coverage. $250 deductible.

How many here keep an insurance policy on their non-commercial use tractor? This is coverage for damage to the machine, NOT liability.

If so, how did that go?
Congrats Paul, you gotta like that. That doesn't seem like an outrages quote. It may pay you to talk to the folks that carry your home insurance and see if they'll put a rider on to cover your tractor which is the way I went. Being on opposite sides of the border things may be different for you, good luck.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
No personal experience with it, but a guy I work with just got his L2501 back from the dealer. He is very hard on it, had $2500 worth of damage too it. No questions asked. Got it all fixed for the $250 deductible.

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA

If so, how did that go?
I'm almost in the same boat, I have 6 more payments, and was wondering the same as you. I haven't needed Ktac yet, but from what I've heard, they are great. $441 for the year seems do able.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
My L3301 & equipment thru State Farm was $325 a year . I 'm not sure now as I built a new shop and it's bundled in that insurance now .

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I would guess the ins. thru St. Farm is for fire or theft. If there is damage beyond those two I think the Kubota ins. would cover after the deductible.

Better check with both to be sure.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
I added my BX25 to my home insurance for a low cost (something like $40 or $90 a year, don't recall). It covers personal use only, and covers damage, theft, loss and such. No extra liability, as that is part of the home insurance. Just cannot use it for "money" or commercial use. And, I have to be the one operating it (cannot lend it out)
Check with your home insurance agent, they will look into it for you. All depends on your intended use.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I had an umbrella policy through Allstate that used to cover my tractor including plowing off site. I recently found out that it was no longer covered (stopped about two years ago) for anything. Thankfully nothing bad happened. If you think you are covered by some blanket policy, it would not hurt to check in with your agent to be sure it is still covered, I'm glad I did.

I have the Kubota insurance through the length of the loan that will cover anything "tractor". After reading the Kubota policy, I can't think of any provider that will also cover you for break down like Kubota, just physical damage, fire/theft/vandalism so given a choice I would go with Kubota.

I ended up purchasing an additional commercial liability policy to cover the rest through Merchants Insurance. Now when I plow a neighbors house or do any side work, I will be covered if I damage them.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I added my BX25 to my home insurance for a low cost (something like $40 or $90 a year, don't recall). It covers personal use only, and covers damage, theft, loss and such. No extra liability, as that is part of the home insurance. Just cannot use it for "money" or commercial use. And, I have to be the one operating it (cannot lend it out)
Check with your home insurance agent, they will look into it for you. All depends on your intended use.
Yep same here, fairly cheap as I remember, oops, wife just looked, 60.00 bucks a year however no commercial use and only covered on my property.

Apr 7, 2020
US
All the farm related equipment is on the farm blanket policy that covers everything from loss of livestock to the gooseneck trailer and everything in between. Never used Kubota insurance, no need to, but then I don't abuse equiemt, it's too expensive

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I kept the kubota insurance on my zero turn after I finished paying it off. I thinks it's around $150 a year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I work on this stuff daily....

KTAC rocks!

Lot of folks use their homeowners or farm insurance. Bad part? They dont' cover everything. Deductible is usually higher, but the premium is usually less expensive.

L3901 came in today, something fell off the bucket and destroyed the hood. Homeowners only (no KTAC). Wasn't on his property, they no cover it. KTAC would've and for $250 he'd have a new hood, grill gard, and that rear plastic part that goes around the gauges. Now he's got to fork out about $2200 give or take (including taxes and labor). Saved $100, spend $2200.

Another case...MX5100HST, 2 days old, rolled it. Engine trashed. Owner had homeowner's. They wouldn't cover it because it wasn't on his property (borrowed). KTAC would have. $11,200 out of pocket, coulda been $250.

Case #3, L3901HST company tractor. Damaged during roll over, again trashed the engine (rolled into a pond). KTAC. $250, totaled the tractor, he got a new one (had to use his old loader and backhoe which was no problem).

I could go on and on.....

I'm considering a new mower and you bet I'll get ktac on it.

My brother bought a L3600, well used (like 1800 hours)-he has KTAC on it too. It's too inexpensive NOT to. He had a $3300 repair done last year, $250 out of pocket.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Lugbolt, you just make too much sense! But you could say it over and over and there are some who never hear it.

Workerbee

Equipment
Zd21
Mar 1, 2020
MN
Is it possible to buy KTAC on a used machine? It certainly appears desirable to get it.