Tractor #2

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Today I went to look at Tractor #2 a 2014 BX25 TLB. A former rental unit with unknown hours( seller thinks about 300) plus a non working fuel gauge. No maintenance records. Had a good case of sunburn with many of the labels worn. Motor was clean but overall I gave the tractor a fair to good rating since it does need some maintenance. I noticed the boots on the ball joints needed replacement and the tie rod seals were dry rotted. I must say all the hydraulics worked properly and the pins were greased. I value this machine at 10K with all the work needed. I have attached a pic of the ball joint and tie rod.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
those tie rod boots looked that way 25 hours;)
The rubber big K used.....was sad.

AS for price....if it is damaged or badly serviced - I would say that price is fair.
However - the machine is worth a lot more than that.;)

Got a picture of the entire thing?

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
those tie rod boots looked that way 25 hours;)
The rubber big K used.....was sad.

AS for price....if it is damaged or badly serviced - I would say that price is fair.
However - the machine is worth a lot more than that.;)

Got a picture of the entire thing?
What about the bushing that appears to be dry rotted? I did not see that until I looked at the pics when I got home. The seller is asking 13K.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
These are my boots at about 75 hours.....

That non working fuel gauge.....I hope that is an electrical issue........those sending units have been a royal PITA. The sending unit breaks down, rusts....and all that crap gets in tank and clogs up works!

And in my opinion .... even at 13k.... still a very good deal,
even ones that are in cosmetically better looking.....go for 16k.

I would be changing all oils......all filters...... so thats $300 for the good stuff.

If you get it for anything less than 13k..... I would say it is a bargain, unless something is wrong that is not seen.

Attachments

shiraz627

Equipment
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
When I was driving the machine around, I noticed that the tractor would not completely stop when I would let off pedal unless I tapped on the reverse pedal. Is this normal operation? When I let off on my Cub Cadet XT2 the machine stops.