Top link hole L2501 with snowblower

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I did a test fit with my new L2501 and my 68" PTO snowblower yesterday. The L2501 manual has a chart for which top link hole to use for various implements but doesn't include snowblowers in the chart. Does anyone know which one I should use? I hooked it up to the top hole when I tried it.

Attachments

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
When you mounted the blower did it set level on the blacktop? If so you will be good to go. Looking at the chart it translates into, if it pulls hard go to hole 2, if it pulls very hard go to hole 3 which is the bottom one.

Reactions: 1 user

doublebass73

Equipment
Oct 7, 2020
NH
It did set level on the blacktop when I mounted it.

MINICUP28

Equipment
B7610, KX-018, RTV-500, JD X758
Feb 21, 2019
COBLESKILL, NY
One consideration is the slope of the road you are plowing. I have a steep 1/2 mile gravel road that I plow downhill and then use the rear blower going back up. I found that i needed to angle the blower upwards more to not ingest so much loose stone. On the level that leaves a lot more snow behind.

doublebass73

Equipment
Oct 7, 2020
NH
One consideration is the slope of the road you are plowing. I have a steep 1/2 mile gravel road that I plow downhill and then use the rear blower going back up. I found that i needed to angle the blower upwards more to not ingest so much loose stone. On the level that leaves a lot more snow behind.
It's definitely steep for part of the way but it's asphalt so I don't have to worry about taking in too much gravel.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The lower lift arms appear to be horizontal with the blower on the ground.

Can you lift the blower high enough for transport etc?

On my blower i had to lower the blower attachment point to have enough height when lifted.

Dave

doublebass73

Equipment
Oct 7, 2020
NH
The lower lift arms appear to be horizontal with the blower on the ground.

Can you lift the blower high enough for transport etc?

On my blower i had to lower the blower attachment point to have enough height when lifted.

Dave
The blower was actually off the ground in this picture. It will definitely lift the blower high enough for transport.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The blower was actually off the ground in this picture. It will definitely lift the blower high enough for transport.
It is an inverted blower right?

Two suggestions having used one for years.

A piece of rubber hanging where shown to catch the odd stone the auger will throw forward at you the operator.

I see attachment points for a rear blade. Buy or make one. You will love it if you clear snow in front of garage doors or parked cars.

Your back up to the door or car with the blower raised, drop the blower and its blade, pull the snow forward so there is no pile left. Raise blower back up and over the pile you just pulled forward and blow it away.

At my two brother's homes, I have remotes to raise their garage doors, I back up so the blade is just inside the garage and pull the snow forward. they never have to shovel in front of their doors.

Most blades just hang on chains. I have hydraulic cylinders on mine so I can put down pressure and scrape.

forum meteor snow.jpg

forum rear blade.jpg

Dave

doublebass73

Equipment
Oct 7, 2020
NH
It is an inverted blower right?

Two suggestions having used one for years.

A piece of rubber hanging where shown to catch the odd stone the auger will throw forward at you the operator.

I see attachment points for a rear blade. Buy or make one. You will love it if you clear snow in front of garage doors or parked cars.

Your back up to the door or car with the blower raised, drop the blower and its blade, pull the snow forward so there is no pile left. Raise blower back up and over the pile you just pulled forward and blow it away.

At my two brother's homes, I have remotes to raise their garage doors, I back up so the blade is just inside the garage and pull the snow forward. they never have to shovel in front of their doors.

Most blades just hang on chains. I have hydraulic cylinders on mine so I can put down pressure and scrape.

View attachment 49917

View attachment 49918

Dave
Yes it's an inverted blower. Thanks for the suggestions. I definitely want to get a scraper blade for it since I have to clear in front of the garage doors. I've been doing in front of the garage doors with a walk behind so it would be easier just to do it with the tractor.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
It doesn't really matter which hole you use for your snowblower, I'd choose the one with best ground clearance and best/lower PTO shaft angle when fully raised.