Top and Tilt Installed Picture Kubota 3901

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Anyone have Top and Tilt from Fiteright Hydraulics installed on a 3301 or 3901? I sure would like an as installed picture, Thanks

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
IMG_9983.jpeg

Brian does great work and was well worth the wait for me. He even sent me some shorter hoses later when the originals were too long.

Reactions: 1 user

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
That looks good, very good. Thanks for taking the time to post. I bet its functional. I think there are two hoses from the valves to the hydraulic block on the right side of tractor. Could I push my luck and ask you to identify those valve connections? Sorry to be a pest, but I assure you it will be very appreciative.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
That looks good, very good. Thanks for taking the time to post. I bet its functional. I think there are two hoses from the valves to the hydraulic block on the right side of tractor. Could I push my luck and ask you to identify those valve connections? Sorry to be a pest, but I assure you it will be very appreciative.
These are just a couple of pictures taken from the internet.
Remember that you really should use a 3-supply line system.
Pressure in from the tractor power beyond source.
Power beyond leaving the added valves and going back to the previous tractor power beyond connection point.
Return to tank.

All of the tractor side connections can be determined from the pictures.

Attachments

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Well I never seen these on my searches, but you have provided and thanks. Not sure which valve goes where but maybe I oughtta quick pestering folks and study. Thanks again for taking the time

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Smokeless, we are here to help you. If you don't know what is what, just ask... here are my photos of the same setup. Don't worry about asking questions, it's why we are here. 1st photo is the actual Front end loader control.

If you need help picking a valve, just ask... You'll need an "open center" with Power Beyond plug... Brian from Rite Right has good quality stuff. I used this one: https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...l-8-GPM-Prince-MB31BBB5C1-DA-Valve-9-7863.axd

Attachments

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Smokeless, we are here to help you. If you don't know what is what, just ask... here are my photos of the same setup. Don't worry about asking questions, it's why we are here. 1st photo is the actual Front end loader control.

If you need help picking a valve, just ask... You'll need an "open center" with Power Beyond plug... Brian from Rite Right has good quality stuff. I used this one: https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...l-8-GPM-Prince-MB31BBB5C1-DA-Valve-9-7863.axd

excellent posts all: My delimma: I cant figure out which ports to run the hoses to on the valves. I have a set up like first post, but where do I run a hose where-to-where. The valve end is what is confusing me. Can anyone help there? Thanks

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
excellent posts all: My delimma: I cant figure out which ports to run the hoses to on the valves. I have a set up like first post, but where do I run a hose where-to-where. The valve end is what is confusing me. Can anyone help there? Thanks
Have a look at this primer— good for those starting out.
Also, on our L3301/3901’s there’s a T-port under the seat that the factory valve kits bolt up against, that keeps you from having to use a TEE at the hydraulic block.
Lots of good info on Brian’s Fit-Rite website, as well.

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Go to the instructions and look at them. The ports are shown and what port-s are what.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Have a look at this primer— good for those starting out.
Also, on our L3301/3901’s there’s a T-port under the seat that the factory valve kits bolt up against, that keeps you from having to use a TEE at the hydraulic block.
Lots of good info on Brian’s Fit-Rite website, as well.
I am confused. AFAIK The tank return for the L3301/L3901 factory remotes is straight into the transmission case via the mounting manifold. No tee or hoses needed.

Dan

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I am confused. AFAIK The tank return for the L3301/L3901 factory remotes is straight into the transmission case via the mounting manifold. No tee or hoses needed.

Dan
Yeah, I added a note underneath the video itself advising that we don’t need the TEE on our models.
For the OP, this is the plate under the seat that the factory gear has you remove and bolt its sandwich to.
IMG_8729.jpeg

I guess we really aren’t sure though as to whether the OP is even using a Kubota kit and valve for his project, come to think of it.

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
To the OP, (Smokeless) get actual picture-s of the valve set that you have and one of us should be able to help you out with this what port is what.

I believe at this point the biggest issue here is that there is a communication problem.

There are times when a picture truly is worth a 1000 words. ;)

Reactions: 3 users

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
To the OP, (Smokeless) get actual picture-s of the valve set that you have and one of us should be able to help you out with this what port is what.

I believe at this point the biggest issue here is that there is a communication problem.

appreciate the help, will do this pm

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
appreciate the help, will do this pm
No pics yet, I looked at your first reply where you identified hoses on the hydraulic block, its beginning to sink in ( i think). Lets see if i can answer the mail for pics, but I bet I have same valves you have. Again, its the connections to the valves I would like to confirm. More tomorrow and thanks to all.

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois

Ok, here it is. I would like to know please where to connect a new hose from the loader power beyond port to the valves. Specifically which valve do I connect the hose from the loader port. Believe its the green marked 90 degree union in the pic..

AND

I assume the power beyond hose I disconnect from the hydraulic block and loader port becomes spare or redundant since we will install a new hose. Is that correct?

Now, I have the same question for all the hose connections to the valves.

I sincerely apologize for all the confusion.

Attachments

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois

Last pic, thanks

Attachments

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Ok, here it is. I would like to know please where to connect a new hose from the loader power beyond port to the valves. Specifically which valve do I connect the hose from the loader port. Believe its the green marked 90 degree union in the pic..

AND

I assume the power beyond hose I disconnect from the hydraulic block and loader port becomes spare or redundant since we will install a new hose. Is that correct?

Now, I have the same question for all the hose connections to the valves.

I sincerely apologize for all the confusion.
Yes, the power beyond hose (marked green) that currently runs from the power beyond port on the loader valve and connects to the upper left port of the hydraulic block gets replaced. You need to route a new hose from the power beyond port of the loader valve down and back to the pressure in port of the new valve set.

The power beyond port of the new valve set gets a hose routed down to where the previous power beyond port had been connected at the upper left port on the hydraulic port. You should be able to have that hose routed back up and over the filter.

The return to tank port gets a tee (provided) installed at the lower right port on the hydraulic port.
You will need to loosen the current return to tank hose up at the port on the loader valve as well as to remove it from the hydraulic block.
If you turn the current return to tank hose 180*, it allows you to use that same exact hose and have it actually tucked in better than it is from the factory.
The return to tank port on the valve gets a hose routed down to the tee. Again that hose should be able to be routed over the filter and down to the tee with the 90s on it.

All of these connections on the hoses that you need to get are #8 JIC-female. If I remember correctly the hoses are 3/8" hoses with #8 JIC-F fittings.

I hope that this helps you get this completed.

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Yes, the power beyond hose (marked green) that currently runs from the power beyond port on the loader valve and connects to the upper left port of the hydraulic block gets replaced. You need to route a new hose from the power beyond port of the loader valve down and back to the pressure in port of the new valve set.

The power beyond port of the new valve set gets a hose routed down to where the previous power beyond port had been connected at the upper left port on the hydraulic port. You should be able to have that hose routed back up and over the filter.

The return to tank port gets a tee (provided) installed at the lower right port on the hydraulic port.
You will need to loosen the current return to tank hose up at the port on the loader valve as well as to remove it from the hydraulic block.
If you turn the current return to tank hose 180*, it allows you to use that same exact hose and have it actually tucked in better than it is from the factory.
The return to tank port on the valve gets a hose routed down to the tee. Again that hose should be able to be routed over the filter and down to the tee with the 90s on it.

All of these connections on the hoses that you need to get are #8 JIC-female. If I remember correctly the hoses are 3/8" hoses with #8 JIC-F fittings.

I hope that this helps you get this completed.
you have been a big help thank you. Problem is I do not know where the "pressure in port" is on the new valve set.

AND

where is the power beyond port on the valve set that gets a new hose back over the filter to the hydraulic block

I am truely sorry for all these questions,, but we are making progress and I am grateful. I have 15 yards of top soil to spread and ditches/grade to shed water

I assure you I appreciate help,

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
you have been a big help thank you. Problem is I do not know where the "pressure in port" is on the new valve set.

AND

where is the power beyond port on the valve set that gets a new hose back over the filter to the hydraulic block

I am truely sorry for all these questions,, but we are making progress and I am grateful. I have 15 yards of top soil to spread and ditches/grade to shed water

I assure you I appreciate help,
Pressure in is the one with the tag labeled "pressure in". I am going to guess the other are tagged as well. The power beyond port will be in the center of the other side of the valve. The tank port is the remaing unused port.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users