Tools, we never get enough

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have had an Echo gas pole saw for many years, but because of birthdays, weight, and length (extends to 16' or 18') it is now reserved for strong Grandsons. Soooo
IMG_1356.JPG

UPS delivered this little jewel today. It's on the 40 volt platform that matches my weed wacker, hedge trimmer, and chainsaw. It has two lengths; 6 1/2' and 9 1/2' so it is much more user friendly than the heavy Echo.
IMG_1355.JPG

It reached up and eliminated this bothersome limb this afternoon.

Reactions: 4 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I'm in the same sinking boat.😁 I've never had one or used one but should have years ago when it wouldn't have been so awkward. My neighbor has been collecting battery operated yard tools lately, I can't remember which.. I wanna say Kobalt but not sure. Anyways their 80 volt, never knew anyone was close to that volt yet. He's got the push mower, blower, chainsaw and tree trimmer, the mower is for emergencies...to wet for tractor!

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
I'm in the same sinking boat.😁
I'm playing the violin next to you on said boat. working on planning out a new shop (when I can afford it) and am trying to decide if I'm going to stock up on woodworking or metalworking stuff first (after the 2 post lift that is). leaning towards woodworking so I can build new cabinetry for the kitchen then I can "justify" spending the money I save from hiring someone on tools that will be used for other projects.

I'm pretty full up on mechanics tools right now, but I'm sure I could be convinced to get a few more pieces. I'll be in the Metabo/Hitachi family though because I don't need 80 different batteries and chargers to keep track of.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I'm playing the violin next to you on said boat. working on planning out a new shop (when I can afford it) and am trying to decide if I'm going to stock up on woodworking or metalworking stuff first (after the 2 post lift that is). leaning towards woodworking so I can build new cabinetry for the kitchen then I can "justify" spending the money I save from hiring someone on tools that will be used for other projects.

I'm pretty full up on mechanics tools right now, but I'm sure I could be convinced to get a few more pieces. I'll be in the Metabo/Hitachi family though because I don't need 80 different batteries and chargers to keep track of.
Sounds like you have a plan.. I would love to work with metal but have zero tools for that other than a mini lathe. Carpenter by trade and Have.. and gotten rid of some of those wood working tools. As for the cordless, all Dewalt to be able to share batteries.

Two post lift..😛👍

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I have had an Echo gas pole saw for many years, but because of birthdays, weight, and length (extends to 16' or 18') it is now reserved for strong Grandsons. Soooo
When the Ryobi gets too heavy

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
I'm a red Milwaukee kinda guy through and through, not cheap but the fuel m18s have a place in my heart. My wife says my wallet not my heart lol

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
The last tool I would like to get in my shop is a mill. Been looking for a Bridgeport that isn't worn out, or may go for a Precision Mathews or Grizzly unit with a DRO.