To L3301F HST or not to L3301F HST

Thrillseeker

Equipment
L3301F HST
Jun 17, 2021
McDonough GA
Greetings everyone. I am new to the site and am looking for a tractor for 6 acres about half of which is wooded. I need a rotary cutter for the fields and a loader bucket and grapple for clearing out dead wood and small growth in the woods, fire wood, etc.. Also need a tiller for gardens and small crops. We have chickens too so shoveling the coop out into a bucket will be nice. I'm 59 and arthritic so I need mechanical assistance to get jobs done without wearing myself out. We are looking at the 3301 and the dealer priced it at 19k, 6k for the loader. 25k total. I'm wondering if those are fair prices. The quotes he gave me on implements are all about 500 over what I have found online so I know I can deal there, but I can't find any tractor/loader prices online to compare. Has anyone bought one recently for less? Also, it seems loaders are in short supply. Should I get a 3rd function installed for the grapple or do it myself? Same question on rear remotes. I appreciate any advice ya'll can offer. Tired of watching YouTube and surfing the internet. Lol
Thanks,
Mark

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Mark,
It’s a crazy time to buy a tractor just like it is a car, so many things are in short supply or on back order.

The L3301 is a good machine for all the items you mentioned. Personally I like at least 25hp at the pto.

if you plan to run a grapple you will need a 3rd function installed. I have 2 sets of rear remotes on each one of my tractors, I did not always have 2 sets installed it took me a while to learn!

I would have the dealer fit the hydraulics unless you are confident that it is your thing to do.

If I was ordering I would make sure to get:
Tractor
Loader
3rd function
Rear remotes 2 sets
Loaded rear tires
Rear work light
Telescopic stabilizer arms for 3pt arms
R1 tires assuming no lawn work.

you did not mention financing through 0% loan, this may help you.

Attachments are always optional depends if you are rolling into 0% financing.

Good luck, it’s exciting getting a new tractor

Reactions: 1 user

Thrillseeker

Equipment
L3301F HST
Jun 17, 2021
McDonough GA
Mark,
It’s a crazy time to buy a tractor just like it is a car, so many things are in short supply or on back order.

The L3301 is a good machine for all the items you mentioned. Personally I like at least 25hp at the pto.

if you plan to run a grapple you will need a 3rd function installed. I have 2 sets of rear remotes on each one of my tractors, I did not always have 2 sets installed it took me a while to learn!

I would have the dealer fit the hydraulics unless you are confident that it is your thing to do.

If I was ordering I would make sure to get:
Tractor
Loader
3rd function
Rear remotes 2 sets
Loaded rear tires
Rear work light
Telescopic stabilizer arms for 3pt arms
R1 tires assuming no lawn work.

you did not mention financing through 0% loan, this may help you.

Attachments are always optional depends if you are rolling into 0% financing.

Good luck, it’s exciting getting a new tractor
84 months at 0 and it looks like a 700 customer rebate and 500 towards an implement on the 3301. I have an aunt and uncle in SD who have a large farm so I have used a tractor before but never owned one. Been holding off buying a tractor for 3 years when we moved here, but realized it's too much for us to improve and maintain manually. Wish I'd bought one when we got here.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Do you know about the : Build Your Kubota web site? You can check your prices there.

Reactions: 1 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
I'm not so sure a L2501 would be a better choice for you.....
It will do everything you are wanting to do....it does everything for me on 20 acres.
I would have the dealer install the 3'rd function as well as any rear remotes....it will be covered under warranty then.
The regen issues won't apply as well as the all the teck that goes with them....plus you will have money toward a implement......good luck with whatever choice you make! I would also consider a QH.

Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Welcome to the site. The price seems reasonable depending on tire options, etc. Do have the 3rd function installed by the dealer.

Other than maybe the tiller, and in the case, maybe you might have to go down a size, the L2501 will do the same work as the L3301 because it has the same loader. The L2501 doesn’t mind idling. Neil Messick on the Messick’s youtube channel talks about this in his videos.

If you really want more HP, also look at the L3560LE and L4060LE which will give you the option of a loader that can lift 1 1/2 times as much. That would be helpful with a grapple since grapples are heavy.

Good luck with your shopping.

Reactions: 1 user

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
My L3301 has served me quite well. Sounds like a good fit for your space. In my case I have a mile-long road to maintain - I don't suppose you have anything like that?

I paid a bit over $30k for L3301 with FEL and backhoe, about 5-6 years ago, so the pricing doesn't seem unreasonable to me given the time passed.