TL1500 flail vs dog fennel

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
Hadn’t had alot of seat time this year, just haven’t had the energy, but needed to get a small field cut since it’s been 6 months or more since I last cut it. It’s about 3 acres and takes about 3 hrs to cut it with the flail mower but this is the tallest I have ever let it get. It does leave some stalks that lay down but I’ll go over it again in a month or so again.
its always nice to mow it when I can.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
First, let me say "nice job!". That said, when I first saw the title of your post on my Forum List, I could only see "TL1500 flail vs dog fe". Didn't spell out fennel. I thought - oh, no a story of a flail hitting a pile of dog feces. I opened the post, and saw Fennel. OK, at least it wasn't feces. But Dog Fennel? What the heck is Dog Fennel? Did he by chance mean he ran over a dog KENNEL? Then I Goggled Dog Fennel. Ohhhhh.... that's what it is - never heard of it before! Pays not to jump to conclusions, even if they can be humorous at times!

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Hadn’t had alot of seat time this year, just haven’t had the energy, but needed to get a small field cut since it’s been 6 months or more since I last cut it. It’s about 3 acres and takes about 3 hrs to cut it with the flail mower but this is the tallest I have ever let it get. It does leave some stalks that lay down but I’ll go over it again in a month or so again.
its always nice to mow it when I can.
I was doing the same today. Beautiful day for it!

Reactions: 1 user