Tipping Trailer

john.heeley

Equipment
Kubota L185
Feb 9, 2021
France
Hello,

This is my first post, have been reading this fantastic site for some time, hoping you can help!

I have a Kubota L185, yes, its old but very relightable. I want to buy a tipping trailer but there is no hydraulic port or control leaver fitted. It would only be a single acting cylinder on the trailer, I would want to keep it basic. Thanks in advance.

kind regards John

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm.. 'tipping' .Must be on the other side of the 'pond'....eh .
My 'dump' trailer has a big battery and a combination 'hydraulic pump/reservoir/valve' unit mounted in a box ,on the tongue. This is super common over here for dump trailers pulled by pickup trucks. I can get 10-12 full dumps before the battery says 'time for a recharge'. I could connect the trailer wiring to tractor to recharge,but haven't needed to so far. To dump, I have to unlock the back gates, so I never added a 'remote' to dump , just stand at the front of the trailer. Keeping it simple means less to go wrong. Since it's all on the trailer, ANY tractor can use it.....

Jay

john.heeley

Equipment
Kubota L185
Feb 9, 2021
France
hmm.. 'tipping' .Must be on the other side of the 'pond'....eh .
My 'dump' trailer has a big battery and a combination 'hydraulic pump/reservoir/valve' unit mounted in a box ,on the tongue. This is super common over here for dump trailers pulled by pickup trucks. I can get 10-12 full dumps before the battery says 'time for a recharge'. I could connect the trailer wiring to tractor to recharge,but haven't needed to so far. To dump, I have to unlock the back gates, so I never added a 'remote' to dump , just stand at the front of the trailer. Keeping it simple means less to go wrong. Since it's all on the trailer, ANY tractor can use it.....

Jay

Hi Jay

Thanks for the quick response, your option may be the answer, I am not sure how easy it will be to get Kubota parts over here in France. I would like to run this from the tractor hydraulic system, but this may not be possible.

Many thanks

John

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The way you tap into the hydraulics on that model to add a remote:
Is to remove this plate and replace it with a accessory plate that has 2 hoses coming off of it.
You'll have to have a local machine shop make you the plate as that part is long obsolete from Kubota.
Then you just need hoses and a Open Center spool valve to control the trailer.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
As a reference , the cost in Ontario,canada for a 12V hydraulic 'package' is about $350 CDN...It might be cheaper(easier too ?) than valve,hoses,couplers and machine shop services ??

john.heeley

Equipment
Kubota L185
Feb 9, 2021
France
The way you tap into the hydraulics on that model to add a remote:
Is to remove this plate and replace it with a accessory plate that has 2 hoses coming off of it.
You'll have to have a local machine shop make you the plate as that part is long obsolete from Kubota.
Then you just need hoses and a Open Center spool valve to control the trailer.

Hello North Idaho Wolfman
Thanks for getting back to me.
Extremely helpful, thank you so much. I know this is an old tractor, but I totally love it. I will check to see what machine shops are in the local area, thanks again!
Kind regards
John

john.heeley

Equipment
Kubota L185
Feb 9, 2021
France
As a reference , the cost in Ontario,canada for a 12V hydraulic 'package' is about $350 CDN...It might be cheaper(easier too ?) than valve,hoses,couplers and machine shop services ??

Hi Jay

You could well be right; I have to check on the cost of machining the interface and control valve, I sort of think it would be nice to have hydraulics working but cost is everything over here.

1612962922399.png

I am thinking about this trailer, it’s a good size for my Kubota, the trailer mounted Hydraulic tipping unit is a similar cost to yours. I will let you know how it works out.

Many thanks

John

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
John, when you click reply. Type your response after the /quote] and your response wont Show up in the quote.

what jay is suggesting is exactly how I would do it. If you’re not in a rush to buy you can pay attention to the sales and likely get one without paying full price. Also, being self contained and not having to connect or disconnect couplers on the tractor will be a little less messy. Not that the hoses make a lot of mess but a few drops are still a few drops!

john.heeley

Equipment
Kubota L185
Feb 9, 2021
France
John, when you click reply. Type your response after the /quote] and your response wont Show up in the quote.

what jay is suggesting is exactly how I would do it. If you’re not in a rush to buy you can pay attention to the sales and likely get one without paying full price. Also, being self contained and not having to connect or disconnect couplers on the tractor will be a little less messy. Not that the hoses make a lot of mess but a few drops are still a few drops!
Thanks for the advice, still a bit new to this, I have had good advice and a good response