Time to get OTT back under control

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
It is time to get Orange Tractor Talks back under control and to get all the political agendas and abusive personal attacking threads out of here. The is a tractor forum to share information and help others. If you feel strongly about the original intent of Mr K, please send him a PM encouraging him to step in and lay down the rules and enforce them.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
It is time to get Orange Tractor Talks back under control and to get all the political agendas and abusive personal attacking threads out of here. The is a tractor forum to share information and help others. If you feel strongly about the original intent of Mr K, please send him a PM encouraging him to step in and lay down the rules and enforce them.
Who made you look at those threads? Is someone forcing you? Just because you dont like what you hear does not make it personal attacks, political agendas or anything else. Sounds like you need to stop clicking "OFF TOPIC" forums and stay in the tractor section.

Youve told myself and a few others here to take a hike which im guessing is NOT what Mr K wants one member to do to another.

If Mr K chooses to ban all us bad, evil deplorables or cut off topic, no big deal, OTT will just go back to being super boring and there will once again be the clique of 8 die hard OTT members scaring away the new people. Sounds like a great business model for OTT.

Also, MR K has stated no "HEAVY POLITICAL COMMENTARY" Which to me means light or moderate is OK.
Plus some members here of the popular crowd seem to get away with nastiness, name calling, wishing death and politics without any scolding so kind of hard to tell what the rules really are.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Before I get all "on the wagon", what rules were broken? Do you have an example? Perhaps just a little communication would fix the issue? I know I have been asking for examples since this started.

This could help others as well as they may want to know what rules were broken (specific post examples would be great) and how to avoid it.

Is you asking people that you don't agree with to leave the site (repeatedly) part of the problem you are talking about? I know you have told me personally to leave for suggesting (in the suggestion forum) an update to the forum software as well as other times for making suggestions. Kind of combative really, but I never thought you should be banned or reported. I don't even block you, you do have some good content.

Any examples?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Funny how you guys rant and rave about people not reading others threads that you don’t want them too, but you come running to my thread to berate mine. You two are pathetic in your immaturity and self righteousness.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Told them where to go to discuss political and Covid agenda's. Cannot force them to go there, strictly voluntary.

Far as the comments and threads you don't agree with, simple answer..

Don't open them. You are an adult (I think). Exercise that adult mentality.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Funny how you guys rant and rave about people not reading others threads that you don’t want them too, but you come running to my thread to berate mine. You two are pathetic in your immaturity and self righteousness.
I think thats called a personal attack which is against the rules. Im not going to crybaby about it though, ask you to leave, report you or anything else.
just kind of hypocritical, lot of that here apparently.

Anyway, other than your own personal attacks and nastiness, can you give examples that you were referring to in your original post?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Some questions in this thread answered in a related thread I have posted here. Closing this thread out for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.