Tiller conversion

Ian Hill

Equipment
B1400DT with Hymari Loader, Topper, Tiller, Mole Drainer, Tipper box
Nov 16, 2009
Soham, Cambs, England
Hi Folks,

I thought I'd share this with you. I picked up a very tidy Kubota Tiller from the local machinery sales here in the fens for £200. I knew when I brought it that it was a 2-point linkage version but was sure i could make a frame up to convert it to 3-point linkage. I had some old 2x2 square section steel laying about and all I needed to buy were the cat 1 pins and some bolts.

Here is the result. PLEASE don't look too closely at the welding - I'm not a welder ! :)

I did look at adapting the original PTO shaft (splitting it and extending it), but that was a lot of hassle so just made a new one from parts.

Kind regards

Ian

Attachments

botaman

Equipment
B6000E , B6000 , B7100 W/LOADER TILLER , AND FINISH MOWER .
Nov 5, 2009
dale tx u.s.a
looks good Ian . i have seen pretty welds break and not so pretty of a weld hold for years . the main thing is you got the job done . i hope it works out for you .

botaman

Ian Hill

Equipment
B1400DT with Hymari Loader, Topper, Tiller, Mole Drainer, Tipper box
Nov 16, 2009
Soham, Cambs, England
Many thanks for the response guys. I specifically designed it to be a non-destructive modification to the original tiller, just in case i needed to revert it back to 2-point.

As requested, attached is the design from my notebook with relevant measurements

Attachments

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
OMG, if you are not a welder... Who is the welder???

I was suffering welding on 1" square tube to build a cabin on my tractor.:eek:

I had a whole bunch of sun burn, a bunch of holes on my pants and socks...
Not to mention about actual burns on my hands~~~:D:D:D

It look alike manufactory built~ Well done~!

Joe.