Tie Down Points for Front of L6060HSTC

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I’m looking to add some front trailer tie downs to my L6060HSTC tractor. In the past I would just wrap a chain through the opening below the grill, but I have installed a mesh grill guard and a lower “bib” that covers that opening to protect from branches and limbs coming up from underneath. I could remove the bib for trailering, but I’m considering bolting or welding a D-Ring or Hook to each side of the grill extension that bolts to the frame. Before I do that, I was wondering if anyone has a better idea, or has found a place to bolt a tie down point to any existing holes in the frame or grill guard extension? Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. Do you tow with the loader on? One option is to run a chain through the cross pipe in the loader frame. It will chip the paint on the edges if that matters to you. However I think you could put some pvc (I am not sure but it might crack the pvc with tension?) through if a concern or maybe a piece of rubber?

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
Off topic, is that the Lown performance grill and chain bucket?
It is the Lown Performance lower Bib, but the brush guard is just 3/4” opening 11 gauge expanded metal that I cut and shaped to fit inside the brush guard, and welded some “L” tabs to it so I could bolt it inside the brush guard frame. Just finished it, I need to paint it yet.

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
Good day. Do you tow with the loader on? One option is to run a chain through the cross pipe in the loader frame. It will chip the paint on the edges if that matters to you. However I think you could put some pvc (I am not sure but it might crack the pvc with tension?) through if a concern or maybe a piece of rubber?
I usually run a strap through the loader tube to secure it separately, but I was looking for a way to secure the actual tractor frame. I was told that if I go on an Interstate, I will need the tractor secured at four points and something to secure each implement, like a loader or rotary cutter.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I usually run a strap through the loader tube to secure it separately, but I was looking for a way to secure the actual tractor frame. I was told that if I go on an Interstate, I will need the tractor secured at four points and something to secure each implement, like a loader or rotary cutter.
I am not sure what state you are in or your laws but this is a helpful link…
. I don’t know that I attached the link correctly or not, however if you google load securement with Hoover….ther is a helpful video from Indiana state highway. He explains a lot of helpful info for the gas that are written very grey.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
if you reshape that sheetmetal blocking the front of the frame

Reactions: 1 user