Thoughts on a new ZD300 series

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
I currently have a Hustler Super Z zero turn. 25hp gas, 54" deck. I do have the optional hard bagger that can be dumped from the operators seat.

I am considering either a ZD326 or ZD331, (60" deck) but with a mulching kit this time as while nice, I mow along several fence lines with 90 degree corners, and the rear bagger tends to get in the way.

My field is fairly rough, and that is the purpose for the smaller decks, although the Super Z at 54" just does not stick out far enough on the left side to mow around fence posts, something I had not though about when I bought it. I guess I was just used to smaller mowers that always had the deck offset the left / sticking out father. A real oversite on my part for my type of mowing.

So what would be best, a side discharge or a rear discharge? I see that the blade tip speed is 1100 fps less with the rear discharge, it this cause for concern? Being able to mow close from either side though with the rear discharge looks interesting. What about grass dispersal? I ahev never owned a rear discharge other than a push type mower.

Anyone with experience? Any thoughts? I am hoping that the Kubota mower will be the last I buy, I had thought that for the Super Z, but it has not worked out that way.

Thanks, David