This is a good thing

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The Senate voted to reinforce Pennsylvanians’ Constitutional right to bear arms while continuing to safely protect our communities by preventing municipalities from bypassing state law prohibiting them from regulating firearms and ensuring those legally allowed to own a gun can carry it openly or concealed, without needing a permit.

Senate Bill 448 allows for an individual or member organization to sue a county or municipality that implements a local firearms ordinance in violation of existing state law; allows for individuals adversely affected by local action to seek relief and damages; puts the burden on the municipality to defend its actions instead of placing the burden on the individual; and makes it clear the General Assembly is the only elected body that is responsible for passing legislation related to the right to bear arms.

The legislation seeks to maintain uniformity in gun laws across the state and level the playing field for gun owners by allowing recovery of legal fees and damages if the municipality is found in violation of the state’s preemption law.

Senate Bill 565 would decriminalize the carrying of guns without a license. Use of firearms, whether criminal or for self-defense, is still controlled by other Pennsylvania statutes that remain unchanged.

Both bills now head to the state House of Representatives for consideration.

Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
And I'm hoping we in NY win ours that is waiting on the Supreme Court!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
they've been getting away with this sheet for too long. Get it nationalized next.

Reactions: 1 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
It'll never survive the inevitable veto.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I dont know, a lot of lefties are up for reelection in 22 sooooo who knows

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think the way things are going it should scare a lot of people,, just MHO

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It'll never survive the inevitable veto.
I support the idea, even though I do not have a weapon I could carry concealed.

I really do believe it is only the undesirables that carry hidden weapons freely. Honest people do not because they follow the rules. Bad guys do not follow any rules.

But my first though was the same as Hagrid's...and actually the way things are...

I still like mail-in ballots for elections though... :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I really do believe it is only the undesirables that carry hidden weapons freely. Honest people do not because they follow the rules. Bad guys do not follow any rules.
Most of the police I've known have expressed similar sentiments - if you have a permit, you're one of the 'good guys'.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Yep, that's how they feel here too. I was stopped by a State trooper for a tail light out. When I handed him by license and carry permit at the same time, he congratulated me for taking the needed course here, as well as enjoying my rights.....no ticket at all...just get it fixed and have a good day!
2nd is the right to keep and bear arms....period!

Clint from Flint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350, B26 TLB, Covington Plant., Landpride Tiller, Hustler Flip-up
Dec 12, 2020
Flint, Texas
2 years ago I got stopped for running a red light by a city cop...the reason for running the light was I knew I was going to get rear ended by this kid in a white car coming up behind me way too fast. The cop got out of his car and I could tell by the way he was talking and the look on his face I could tell he was not happy.........after he saw my NRA cap and I gave him my CC permit and drivers license his whole attitude changed. He was then very nice and I only got a warning ticket...
I told him You have my back and I have yours.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The Senate voted to reinforce Pennsylvanians’ Constitutional right to bear arms while continuing to safely protect our communities by preventing municipalities from bypassing state law prohibiting them from regulating firearms and ensuring those legally allowed to own a gun can carry it openly or concealed, without needing a permit.

Senate Bill 448 allows for an individual or member organization to sue a county or municipality that implements a local firearms ordinance in violation of existing state law; allows for individuals adversely affected by local action to seek relief and damages; puts the burden on the municipality to defend its actions instead of placing the burden on the individual; and makes it clear the General Assembly is the only elected body that is responsible for passing legislation related to the right to bear arms.

The legislation seeks to maintain uniformity in gun laws across the state and level the playing field for gun owners by allowing recovery of legal fees and damages if the municipality is found in violation of the state’s preemption law.

Senate Bill 565 would decriminalize the carrying of guns without a license. Use of firearms, whether criminal or for self-defense, is still controlled by other Pennsylvania statutes that remain unchanged.

Both bills now head to the state House of Representatives for consideration.
I have a cc carry permit for my handgun. It wasn’t very difficult to obtain, but it required about 3/4 day. A half day in class learning about the laws and consequences of using a gun for self defense and what the laws define as shelf defense. Also gun safety and handling. Then a few hours demonstrating proficiency at the range. I think this process is a good idea. I’m not sure that some of the idiots who have no clue about these things should be concealed carrying a gun. My 2 cents.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have a cc carry permit for my handgun. It wasn’t very difficult to obtain, but it required about 3/4 day. A half day in class learning about the laws and consequences of using a gun for self defense and what the laws define as shelf defense. Also gun safety and handling. Then a few hours demonstrating proficiency at the range. I think this process is a good idea. I’m not sure that some of the idiots who have no clue about these things should be concealed carrying a gun. My 2 cents.
You make some very good points. Perhaps there should be some restriction related to education.

Unfortunately, the bad guys just do what they want, so nothing changes there.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You make some very good points. Perhaps there should be some restriction related to education.

Unfortunately, the bad guys just do what they want, so nothing changes there.
Very true, but the education and training does help good intentioned people.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I dont think anyone has a problem with following whatever rules states come up with (classes / training). The problem is with the (few) states who essentially do not allow ANYONE to carry by design. In New Jersey, it is granted on a case-by-case basis by the local Chief of police, ie. no one is allowed to carry.

On a related note... In NJ if someone is going to assault you on your own property, you MUST retreat into your house before defending yourself.

These two points alone are an abrogation of the Second Amendment and must be checked.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Same in PA. The only time you can euthanize someone that isnt actively shooting at you is if they corner you in your bedroom. Outside of that, if you burn someone down and you dont have bullet wounds... you're going to trial in all but maybe 15 counties.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The Keystone State is one final step away from joining 21 other states that have constitutional carry. Earlier this evening, the Pennsylvania House of Representatives passed SB 565 by Sen. Cris Dush, on a 107 to 92 vote.

The bill was offered to the House today by Rep. Aaron Bernstine, who was also the sponsor of the House companion bill to SB 565. Despite the claims of the bill’s opponents, constitutional carry legislation isn’t for criminals. It simply puts law-abiding citizens who are otherwise legally able to possess and carry a firearm, on equal footing by codifying the inherent right to carry a firearm into statute. It also retains a permitting process for gun owners who wish to take advantage of concealed carry reciprocity with other states.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Yep, that's how they feel here too. I was stopped by a State trooper for a tail light out. When I handed him by license and carry permit at the same time, he congratulated me for taking the needed course here, as well as enjoying my rights.....no ticket at all...just get it fixed and have a good day!
2nd is the right to keep and bear arms....period!
Might need it after the Rittenhouse verdict!!!!!!