Third function valve questions

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I've ordered my B2650, the build is in progress. The only item they said they were going to have order in is the third function valve. Depending on how long it takes, I may get the tractor without it and then take it back up sometime later to have it installed.

I wanted an EA Wicked 55 grapple, so I was talking to Travis which brought up some coupler questions, which led me back to my salesman and then to the internet, which is bringing up new questions.

Can anyone tell me, is the Kubota third function valve kit when installed on a B2650 mounted fairly discreet and out of the way? I'm seeing guys online who have these big valve assemblies mounted in places where it looks like they'd really be in the way, or in danger of being ripped off the tractor while working. I assume the 3FV stays on the tractor when I disconnect the FEL from the tractor? So I'll just be disconnecting six hoses instead of four? Do the hoses to the front of the loader tuck away and mount well and out of the way or are they sort of hanging out in the open? Does the fact that I'm also getting a 60" MMM with this setup affect where the 3FV is going to have to be mounted?

Thanks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I've ordered my B2650, the build is in progress. The only item they said they were going to have order in is the third function valve. Depending on how long it takes, I may get the tractor without it and then take it back up sometime later to have it installed.

I wanted an EA Wicked 55 grapple, so I was talking to Travis which brought up some coupler questions, which led me back to my salesman and then to the internet, which is bringing up new questions.

Can anyone tell me, is the Kubota third function valve kit when installed on a B2650 mounted fairly discreet and out of the way? I'm seeing guys online who have these big valve assemblies mounted in places where it looks like they'd really be in the way, or in danger of being ripped off the tractor while working. I assume the 3FV stays on the tractor when I disconnect the FEL from the tractor? So I'll just be disconnecting six hoses instead of four? Do the hoses to the front of the loader tuck away and mount well and out of the way or are they sort of hanging out in the open? Does the fact that I'm also getting a 60" MMM with this setup affect where the 3FV is going to have to be mounted?

Thanks
I have the Kubota supplied third function valve on my B3350, which is the same basic tractor as your 2650, aside from the engine.

I find the valve to be well engineered and implemented. Everything is tidy and not abnormally prone to damage. The valve remains on the tractor when the FEL is removed. Yes, there will be 6 disconnects to deal with when mounting/dismounting the FEL.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Maybe this will help. This is on a B2650HSDC so it my not be identical to one without a cab.
My B3350 is cabless and the third function set-up appears to be identical to yours.

SDT

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC

My setup is the same as yours and I will be getting delivery on Tuesday. Since I also ordered a EA 55" grapple I had the same questions on the couplers. I just got off the phone with my dealer this AM and he confirmed that the couplers in the standard kit are a "Kubota 3/8". He said this is not the same as pioneer though. So he offered to swap the ends for me to 3/8" pioneer female so that when I ordered my grapple from EA I could tell them which ones I want and be 100% sure.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
My setup is the same as yours and I will be getting delivery on Tuesday. Since I also ordered a EA 55" grapple I had the same questions on the couplers. I just got off the phone with my dealer this AM and he confirmed that the couplers in the standard kit are a "Kubota 3/8". He said this is not the same as pioneer though. So he offered to swap the ends for me to 3/8" pioneer female so that when I ordered my grapple from EA I could tell them which ones I want and be 100% sure.
My salesman basically told me that there's practically no standard with couplers, so since I wasn't getting an attachment that used it from them they would plumb it all in and I'd just need to get couplers and put them on after I get my grapple.

KubotaMaxx

Aug 31, 2019
Ohio
Just got a BX2380 and had it spec’d with the LP 3FLV and grapple. It came with quick couplers - but I guess I did get the grapple as well as the 3FLV...so maybe that’s why they were included. Regardless thing is amazing!!! Reallly like the look of the EA grapple but the KTAC coverage in the LP was a major selling point(for me anyway).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bota2650

Equipment
B2650 Cab; LP 4 foot cutter; Titan Pallet Forks; The Thumb Grapple
Oct 23, 2019
Henderson

Thanks

I just installed a 3rd FV on my B2650HSDC . . .. . . search YT for 3rd Valve install pt3