Thief at deer lease......

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Been telling 5 year old daughter since Christmas that when I feel comfortable with her riding skills we will carry her 4-wheeler and mine to the deer land and ride.

Planned since Friday, plenty of cold water, cameras to put out(4), some corn, breakfast, snacks, bug spray and off we go.

Started out great, tenderloin and gravy biscuits under big oak tree with a nice breeze. What could be better for a dad than some quality time out enjoying nature with their daughter?

Off to move a stand only draw back big black snake scared her but moved on.

Reconyx camera and tripod missing next, that sets you back $490.00!

Off to put up new camera and find my stand, ladder sticks, and 2 bow holders gone. That sets you back $390.00 for it all.

Ella is having a ball tossing rocks in the near by creek and I am stewing that some sorry piece of crap has taken my stuff.

Been years since we have had any problems on the property, but not today.

Land is posted, somewhat remote, cables at gates, game warden has key I gave her to patrol, nothing setup near any property lines, no paths or roads near areas where things were taken.

Someone put a lot of effort in taking these things and as I type this still boiling.

No way to ever get them back or really know who did it which may be a good thing.

We had a great day otherwise and even got my bow back that had to be repaired after I dropped it during a hunt last season.

Thief's beware, no good will come from you taking what is not yours!

Have a great week OTT.

Jay

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I feel for you my friend I had several trail cams walk away. Im sure you might have an idea where they might be and another trail cm set up might prove you right. You did call the cops and the game warden right?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Same here, had one stolen a few years back, kinda makes you boil over in a hurry when it finally sinks in it's gone. Hey, on the bright side you had a great day out with your daughter and that my friend is priceless.

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I‘ve been known to put an old dead camera on a well-used trail with a good one hidden pretty well, trained on the dead one.

Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I‘ve been known to put an old dead camera on a well-used trail with a good one hidden pretty well, trained on the dead one.
Exactly what I did but with the time delay (older camera) between shots it caught him on camera but not in the act so what can you do. I saw the guy that took it the same day it was stolen but not since.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
People like that have got to local, or so you would think

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Never leave anything on our property up north and the blinds (which are enclosed and way off the 'beaten path' ) stay locked up with good locks. Plus the landholder on the adjacent acerage lives on site and he's the brother of Rick Nugent and walks my property frequently so I don't worry much about trespassers.

Besides, if I was up there and caught one, I'd plant them on the spot. Not tolerant of low life's

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well there ya go big boy,, remember " Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold " just sayin

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well there ya go big boy,, remember " Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold " just sayin
Probably never happen with a Nugent next door and our property isn't all that accessible either. 4wd in, 4wd out.

Revenge has nothing to do with it. trespassing on posted land and poaching is what it's all about.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Some times Karma needs a helping hand,,, just sayin

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeah ,thieves deserve either lead or rope.....

question. Do any of these 'trail cameras' have GPS in them ? Seems to me a simple 'option',that way YOU could see where YOUR camera is.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Check Pawn shops. Facebook might be a good to post on.
Facebook is best bet. We had a guy in our county stealing Yeti coolers off trucks and then posted on Facebook he had coolers in his yard sale. One of my electrician buddies employee saw them and went to sale to replace his stolen one, his was one for sale & he could prove by the stickers he had on it . Sherriff came & got the thief

Reactions: 1 users

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
yeah ,thieves deserve either lead or rope.....

question. Do any of these 'trail cameras' have GPS in them ? Seems to me a simple 'option',that way YOU could see where YOUR camera is.
Some cameras do but mine were high end Reconyx cameras but were older models so they did not.