The "Go Anywhere Workbench"

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Feb 8, 2022
Millville, MA
Bottomless Bucket Store has released a new offering for a portable, rolled steel workbench that can go from your garage or workshop out to the field with you anywhere your tractor can go. We're offering it for local delivery within 50 miles of our Millville, MA location to gauge interest . Go to our site at https://bottomlessbucketstore.com to get all the details and to order yours today. Leave us a comment and let us know what you think.
6D0779E1-3ED2-452D-B6A3-8FB061D64DB7_1_105_c.jpeg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Why didn't you bolt the legs to the top of the Bottom shelf and vice versa on the tops? :unsure:
Would have given it a much cleaner look without all the open flat edges sticking out to hit.
It really looks like you slapped a mismatched pair of legs onto the sides. :oops:

Also if your going to make a portable bench make it with some form of catch rail around the bottom shelf or your going to get a bunch of ticked off customers that have their saw / stuff vibrate off that shelf then run over with the tractor. 🤬

And while picking it up with the bucket edge on the tabbed point looks like the perfect pick up and move scenario, I can see a lot of tipped over benches and dumped tools and parts.

Last edited:

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I like the idea, but the same could be accomplished with a set of pallet forks, straps, and a regular heavy gauge metal workbench for roughly the same price.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 77.1 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Once again, great fab work. Much better than I could do.
Still, not for me though. Looks sorta like a solution looking for a problem.
A bench with wheels is a cart, for me anyways.
I have carts with wheels in the garage already....and if I need a bench way off road somewhere, its sawhorses and plywood.

OP you might be better served designing a "quick-clamp-to-bucket self leveling bucket cover to convert to bench thing"....That way if I need a bench way out there, I just hook your contraption to my bucket and off I go with my portable bucket bench...........send me the royalties from your millions, thanks.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, WC68 chipper, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
This is meant to be constructive so if you’re offended, please be aware that’s not my intent. When I hear “Go Anywhere Workbench” I think I can take it pretty much anywhere I take the tractor. I attached a few photos to show where I routinely take my tractor. In short, there’s virtually nowhere I could take it. Not good.

There is a bottom shelf with no rail, no enclosure or securement of any kind that I see. I couldn’t get through the ditch coming out of the path from my shop area to the driveway without dumping everything off a flat shelf with no rim or rail. Enclose the bottom and make it a secure lockable cabinet so whatever I put in it would be there at the end of the trip, maybe that’s worth somethimg

There are very few flat spots on our place. Even if it looks flat that’s just because everything else is so crooked. The casters would be useless unless it’s on one of the concrete pads. Independently adjustable legs to level and stabilize it would differentiate it from a regular table/bench. As it is, it appears to be a rather pedestrian work bench with some casters bolted to the bottom.

So bottom line, I couldn’t carry anything at all on it (at least nowhere on our property) and can’t level it when I set it down when I get to wherever it’s going. So what I’d have is a table I could move with the bucket without strapping it on. (I’m assuming there’s something that attaches it to the bucket lip.) I already have a work table I can move with the forks or grapple without strapping it on or move with the bucket and one strap.

That might be useful as a roll around bench for inside the shop only. I personally see zero utility for it outside the shop unless your land is dead flat and even then it’s just a table.

I don’t get it at all. It’s definitely NOT a “Go Anywhere Workbench”. If I’m totally missing it, your marketing/explanation of how this creates utility worthy of parting with money needs work.

Regardless, good luck with it. Maybe I’m just not a member of your target demographic.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

ve9aa

Equipment
tg1860, bx2380
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
For that matter, not to be scarcastic, but the "bottomless bucket" is not a bottomless bucket, either.
To me that's a bucket without a bottom (or at least a bottom that can be opened or removed.

Sorry !

;-o

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mrlunchbox

Equipment
2020 BX1880
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
One thing I am curious about. I keep seeing "there is no lip at the bottom, just a flat shelf" Are folks just blind or can they really not see the lip? Or are you expecting something much more substantial maybe?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
For that matter, not to be scarcastic, but the "bottomless bucket" is not a bottomless bucket, either.
To me that's a bucket without a bottom (or at least a bottom that can be opened or removed.

Sorry !

;-o
You can load anything in a true bottomless bucket, it just isn't going anywhere with you.

• Haha

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Hmm. Maybe it’s how I’m looking at the picture…or my computer…or my eyes. Not being judgemental towards anyone. If I look at the bottom shelf by the chainsaw on the left, it somewhat appears there is a guard of some sort, like angle iron. If I look to the right by the black toolbox it appears as though there is not any raised edge or guard, which could just be the colouring of the picture. I still give kudos for a job well done, even if it’s not everyone’s fancy

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
There was a request for comment…It’s looks nice and convenient, and very well built/finished…but how different than a pre made bench on wheels (store bought or homemade) I like the thought and I can see the utility of it…but what is different that I would want to use with my tractor? Pretty much what others said above….for me and my normal uses, if I were to have a bench like that, I’d either want to haul it with forks or attach to the three point. (Either way i don’t need a special bench for that). As it is it would not be very helpful for me to bring that off the driveway and most certainly not back into my woods for remote work. Second, I can do that already with any workbench and my forks, so I am not sure what would be the improvement. 3rd, I do use a workbench in the woods when I am doing deer blind construction and such, however I made a carry all with a tail gate that can be used as a bench top and a scabbard to hold my saws securely. I am sorry I am not the target customer. I could see it being more useful as a mobile bench it used/attached on the 3pt. (Oh yeah, unless that saw is strapped down, if it ever bounces or jostles out, that’s a prime opportunity to drive over…just sayen’…if you care about it, I’d haul it behind the machine…as it is you likely can’t see much in front of you driving forward…generally you would not want to drive around with forks up)

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, WC68 chipper, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
One thing I am curious about. I keep seeing "there is no lip at the bottom, just a flat shelf" Are folks just blind or can they really not see the lip? Or are you expecting something much more substantial maybe?
Good point. Looking back at it I see the same thing as GSD-Keegan: Small lip on the saw end, none on the box end. Probably some oddity of the picture or more likely my brain. Assuming there’s actually a lip, it’s still not going to restrain much over rough uneven terrain.

Quite possible there’s a market for it and I’m not it. Personally, I’d find it just as useful to strap a bin to a table and fork it to wherever if I need a work surface better than the back of the Mule in the hinterlands. “Go Anywhere Workbench” is either a misnomer or fluffing depending on your perspective.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Yes it's got a small lip but still.. it's hanging off of a loader, box it in with doors. On the street this might be acceptable. Great for a garage or job site but for the money I'd rather another implement!

I wish you luck with your new business and keep thinking of new ideas. This one may have not been a hit but you never know.. your next one might!

Last edited:

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
There was a request for comment…It’s looks nice and convenient, and very well built/finished…but how different than a pre made bench on wheels (store bought or homemade) I like the thought and I can see the utility of it…but what is different that I would want to use with my tractor? Pretty much what others said above….for me and my normal uses, if I were to have a bench like that, I’d either want to haul it with forks or attach to the three point. (Either way i don’t need a special bench for that). As it is it would not be very helpful for me to bring that off the driveway and most certainly not back into my woods for remote work. Second, I can do that already with any workbench and my forks, so I am not sure what would be the improvement. 3rd, I do use a workbench in the woods when I am doing deer blind construction and such, however I made a carry all with a tail gate that can be used as a bench top and a scabbard to hold my saws securely. I am sorry I am not the target customer. I could see it being more useful as a mobile bench it used/attached on the 3pt. (Oh yeah, unless that saw is strapped down, if it ever bounces or jostles out, that’s a prime opportunity to drive over…just sayen’…if you care about it, I’d haul it behind the machine…as it is you likely can’t see much in front of you driving forward…generally you would not want to drive around with forks up)
Now that you mention forks, I was overcomplicating things earlier... Forks + a 4x6 sheet of OSB or Plywood is plenty fine for a remote workbench unless you want to do vise work deep in the woods... I don't see much of a use case for that. Even then, a hitch mounted vise or fork mounted vise would equally suffice (unintentional rhyme) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Looks like it would be great for use in a shop. As a welding table, or just a heavy duty bench that was movable. I don't see any use away from a level hard surface. Its weight alone would push it into most surfaces i.e. dirt, gravel, mud, grass etc, and Jack up those casters.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Feb 8, 2022
Millville, MA
Why didn't you bolt the legs to the top of the Bottom shelf and vice versa on the tops? :unsure:
Would have given it a much cleaner look without all the open flat edges sticking out to hit.
It really looks like you slapped a mismatched pair of legs onto the sides. :oops:

Also if your going to make a portable bench make it with some form of catch rail around the bottom shelf or your going to get a bunch of ticked off customers that have their saw / stuff vibrate off that shelf then run over with the tractor. 🤬

And while picking it up with the bucket edge on the tabbed point looks like the perfect pick up and move scenario, I can see a lot of tipped over benches and dumped tools and parts.
Point taken about legs on the bench. If you take a careful look at the bottom tray there is a 1 1/2" catch rail all around the bottom shelf to keep stuff from sliding off. Are you saying you would like it deeper?

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Feb 8, 2022
Millville, MA
This is meant to be constructive so if you’re offended, please be aware that’s not my intent. When I hear “Go Anywhere Workbench” I think I can take it pretty much anywhere I take the tractor. I attached a few photos to show where I routinely take my tractor. In short, there’s virtually nowhere I could take it. Not good.

There is a bottom shelf with no rail, no enclosure or securement of any kind that I see. I couldn’t get through the ditch coming out of the path from my shop area to the driveway without dumping everything off a flat shelf with no rim or rail. Enclose the bottom and make it a secure lockable cabinet so whatever I put in it would be there at the end of the trip, maybe that’s worth somethimg

There are very few flat spots on our place. Even if it looks flat that’s just because everything else is so crooked. The casters would be useless unless it’s on one of the concrete pads. Independently adjustable legs to level and stabilize it would differentiate it from a regular table/bench. As it is, it appears to be a rather pedestrian work bench with some casters bolted to the bottom.

So bottom line, I couldn’t carry anything at all on it (at least nowhere on our property) and can’t level it when I set it down when I get to wherever it’s going. So what I’d have is a table I could move with the bucket without strapping it on. (I’m assuming there’s something that attaches it to the bucket lip.) I already have a work table I can move with the forks or grapple without strapping it on or move with the bucket and one strap.

That might be useful as a roll around bench for inside the shop only. I personally see zero utility for it outside the shop unless your land is dead flat and even then it’s just a table.

I don’t get it at all. It’s definitely NOT a “Go Anywhere Workbench”. If I’m totally missing it, your marketing/explanation of how this creates utility worthy of parting with money needs work.

Regardless, good luck with it. Maybe I’m just not a member of your target demographic.
Thanks for your feedback and it's exactly what we're looking for and why we asked for your comments. It may not be clear from the picture, but the bottom tray does have a 1 1/2" edge to keep things from sliding off the lower tray. We will consider the adjustable legs idea as we understand that leveling can be more challenging on the ground vs. a garage floor.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Feb 8, 2022
Millville, MA
My question precisely. There is a 1 1/2" lip around the lower tray that maybe isn't apparent from the one picture posted here. The web-site has more pics that make it more apparent.

Attachments

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Feb 8, 2022
Millville, MA

Thanks for your feedback. If you look carefully there is, in fact, a 1 1/2" lip that goes around the entire bottom tray. My burn pit and fire wood stack is down a steep and un-level embankment and I had no issues getting the bench down there, but it's hard to tell how much undulations you're dealing with but do understand you're hesitation. We're thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
Feb 8, 2022
Millville, MA
I like the idea, but the same could be accomplished with a set of pallet forks, straps, and a regular heavy gauge metal workbench for roughly the same price.
Thanks for your feedback. We thought of putting pallet fork sleeves on the bottom of the bench , but then re-considered doing so because we thought most of you would want access to your bucket when you're in the woods to dig up stumps and to move firewood around etc. I find pallet forks are not very useful in the woods.

• Love

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Thanks for your feedback. We thought of putting pallet fork sleeves on the bottom of the bench , but then re-considered doing so because we thought most of you would want access to your bucket when you're in the woods to dig up stumps and to move firewood around etc. I find pallet forks are not very useful in the woods.
Appreciate the reply, I think the pallet fork sleeves would indeed be useful simply for the purpose of transporting the bench easily without marring any surface finishes. I don't know how many folks will take this thing into the woods but I know from personal experience (400+lb Dayton workbench in the shop) that pallet sleeves would be a godsend 😁

For woods work, I would imagine a 3ph mounting system would also come in handy and make this truly unique and maneuverable and it could double as a ballast if it's heavy enough and leave the FEL open for bucket or forks. From reading the replies here to my questions, a lot of folks use forks or a grapple for brush hauling so leaving the FEL open for that would be helpful. Just my .02