The garden is done

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
if you have extra water spigots to go around they make motion sensitive impact sprinklers as well that ive seen people use. When something comes in range it turns on the impact sprinker for a few seconds. Ive seen some say however that eventually the deer got used to it and started to ignore them. You may also try cheap solar powered motion LED lights. I use these as well with our chickens, in conjuction with the electric fence. Ive watched foxes on our security camera come up, often times just the motion lights popping on will spooke them away before they ever even touch the fence. You can get these lights cheap on amazon and in my experience they work well if installed where they can get a few hours of sun a day, and they are pretty bright. Also, it sounds like if you burned off a vine you may have been using a continuous voltage fence. I prefer to use a pulsing energizer. They are much safer. A continuous voltage energizer can cause a fire if its dry, and then that vegetation comes in contact with the wire. Some wild fires have actually started this way via electric fences. The pulsing energizers send a high voltage pulse down the conductor about 50 times per minute, so roughly every second it will bite you. This is enough duration though that heat isnt allowed to build up on vegetation and thus reducing risk of fire substantially.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A wonderful idea, but I don't think you can own one here in the keystone with out all kinds of stupid permits

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not an issue here. In fact, I just picked 3 5 gallon pails of Ambrosia sweet corn a few hours ago, about 50 nice ears. All headed for the blanching pot and stripped and put in freezer bags. I'll keep a couple dozen for eating on the cob of course.

Deer know not to come in the yard, death awaits them. Same with skunks and whistle pigs.