The connection between YT and google

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Read some of Mark Dice's books and the book, Ten Arguments For Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now by Jaron Lanier. Lanier is a scientist, musician, and writer. His company created the first commercial VR products, introduced avatars, etc.. There is a good documentary on Netflix called the Social Dilemma, and another one called The Creepy Line. You'll be convinced that social media does not have you or society in their best interest. Become awake, but not woke.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Its a complicated arrangement. I will say that personally the internet and YouTube in particular has taught me an awful lot and enriched my life considerably. There is no doubt about it. Facebook is another story. I almost lasted 2 days. I find it interesting that the Chinese government among others restricts the "free flow" of ideas or content. Seems almost impossible to me. Individual accountability is key. Humans are living better and longer today than at any other time in history. Thats the true measure.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I find it interesting that the Chinese government among others restricts the "free flow" of ideas or content. Seems almost impossible to me

Not just Chinese, CDN and USA governments have restricted 'free flow' since the dawn of time. ALL levels of guvs do this. If YOU want 'free flow', buy a server, make a webpage/fourm/whatever and go for it...

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Google helped develop social media spy software and social credit score software for the CCP.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Read some of Mark Dice's books and the book, Ten Arguments For Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now by Jaron Lanier. Lanier is a scientist, musician, and writer. His company created the first commercial VR products, introduced avatars, etc.. There is a good documentary on Netflix called the Social Dilemma, and another one called The Creepy Line. You'll be convinced that social media does not have you or society in their best interest. Become awake, but not woke.
You are having this conversation on social media.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
You are having this conversation on social media.
Perhaps in a broad sense, but not exactly like Big Tech social media. Technically, email is social media. The difference between OTT and Facebook is that on OTT the moderators are the censors. With Facebook you have government, corporations and algorithms that censor and steer what you see. I believe, whether it's true or not is debatable, that OTT isn't spying on me, listening to my conversations or influencing my voting habits.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I believe, whether it's true or not is debatable, that OTT isn't spying on me, listening to my conversations
OTT may not be, but the device you use to engage on OTT is 🤷‍♂️

That being said, I don’t worry much. If they really watching that much they should be beating my door down 😂

mcfarmall

Equipment
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
OTT may not be, but the device you use to engage on OTT is 🤷‍♂️

That being said, I don’t worry much. If they really watching that much they should be beating my door down 😂
You are very correct about the device spying on me.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
re: I find it interesting that the Chinese government among others restricts the "free flow" of ideas or content. Seems almost impossible to me

Not just Chinese, CDN and USA governments have restricted 'free flow' since the dawn of time. ALL levels of guvs do this. If YOU want 'free flow', buy a server, make a webpage/fourm/whatever and go for it...
among others was stated. I suppose its the degree and subject matter that I find interesting.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Perhaps in a broad sense, but not exactly like Big Tech social media. Technically, email is social media. The difference between OTT and Facebook is that on OTT the moderators are the censors. With Facebook you have government, corporations and algorithms that censor and steer what you see. I believe, whether it's true or not is debatable, that OTT isn't spying on me, listening to my conversations or influencing my voting habits.
Nobody is spying on you. You’re not interesting enough. Neither am I.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Anybody spying on me has got to be pretty bored!:sleep:

mcfarmall

Equipment
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Nobody is spying on you. You’re not interesting enough. Neither am I.
Edward Snowden and I disagree with you. https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/8-ways-the-nsa-spies-on-you/ Your lack of concern regarding the invasion of privacy is like saying freedom of speech doesn't matter because you don't have anything to say. Please reply with a link to all your personal information, account numbers, medical records, photos, internet browsing history...since after all, you have nothing to hide, right?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
wait until your employer is hit by the irs.

then you can see what spying is.

Been through it--and still going through it, 10 years later.

The stuff went on about 2 years (that I know of) prior to "the raid"--where they'd scrutinize forum posts, emails, cell phone records, bank transactions, credit card activity, the list goes on and on.

The attorney claims that some of it is 'illegal'. The IRS agent's response? "We are the IRS, we can do anything we want". Direct quote from an actual agent! That one statement says to me, they are above the law. Still ongoing so who knows whether or not it's proven illegal or not. May not ever see anything in my lifetime.

That's just the beginning.....without getting political. Anytime you have certain groups in 'control' you will see more and more exploitation of certain things when the bigger problem is within.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Edward Snowden and I disagree with you. https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/8-ways-the-nsa-spies-on-you/ Your lack of concern regarding the invasion of privacy is like saying freedom of speech doesn't matter because you don't have anything to say. Please reply with a link to all your personal information, account numbers, medical records, photos, internet browsing history...since after all, you have nothing to hide, right?
You actually think that nsa has infinite employees to spy on you? They focus on people who are probable national security risks. Personal information is a likely security risk by private companies and hackers, not the government; the government already has that information about you.